Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Alcohol/water injection

Doctor
11-12-2001, 07:40 PM
Hello people,

I have posted this before but didn't get a reply. I was just needing help with what types of alcohol you can inject into your airstream.

I am in the finals stage of my little injection project, but I have had a hard time getting methanol, ethanol, isopropyl etc but I read on a methylated spirits container that it contains 95% ethanol. Is it OK to use?

Thanks heaps
Doc:smoker2:

Beth
11-12-2001, 08:34 PM
Hey Doc,
I know that you can get ethanol and maybe others also at the pharmacy. Pharmacies stock raw ingredients out the back of the dispensory...if you ask the pharmacist for it...they may sell you a small bottle...worth a try i think. I have bought pure ethanol from them before.
:smoker:

Doctor
11-12-2001, 08:43 PM
Yeah I have tried a couple of small pharmacies, they do stock it but only in minute amounts, I'll try some other places. It's so funny when they ask what its for, they laugh for about 2.5 hours. The pharmicist told me about methylated spirits and he was right 95% ethanol, but I have heard of problems with hydro lock and stuff whilst using it.

Thanks,
Doc

Slip
11-12-2001, 09:25 PM
Try near drag racing complexes. Apparently at a Service station (gas station for the americans) just up the road from the drag strip they have C16 Race fuel and Methanol at the bowswer (pump)!!!!!!!!

Call some drag racing types, they will know where to get methanol.

zapf
11-12-2001, 11:16 PM
Yea... go visit your local petro chemical depot. They'll surely have all the things you need.

Zapf

Doctor
11-13-2001, 07:05 PM
Thanks heaps for your help everyone.

Regards,
Doc

BBD
01-14-2002, 10:38 AM
guys how about you changing the ethanol to N2O ??? its just an idea ,,, it would cool down your intercooler and well, u imagine the rest.

I live in a Very HOT HUMID place and I was intrestead in a water injection ,, but I backed off for some reason maybe I dont understand the idea that well... I still think N2O would do the trick as well :)

Doctor
01-14-2002, 07:54 PM
Nos is illegal where I live, so I make other alternatives instead. If it where legal, I would have it running 24/7.

Ben

GTS-4 Ben
01-14-2002, 08:14 PM
the methanol is needed, water can do the trick, but you will see bigger gains with the alchohol/methanol.

THere is a garage station here in ChCh that sells methanol.. you must be able to get it.

Ben

Add your comment to this topic!