Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1995 GC Laredo electrical issues

cgreen454
12-16-2013, 03:25 PM
So, All of this happened at the same time so has to be related. The a/c system has no power, the brake lights and turn signals don't work, windows wont work, air bag light on. However, the park lights, head lights and hazards work fine. Starts and runs fine. All fuses check out ok. New battery as well. Any suggestions?

rhandwor
12-16-2013, 07:11 PM
So, All of this happened at the same time so has to be related. The a/c system has no power, the brake lights and turn signals don't work, windows wont work, air bag light on. However, the park lights, head lights and hazards work fine. Starts and runs fine. All fuses check out ok. New battery as well. Any suggestions?
Start checking the ground wires I think you have a loose ground what size engine do you have?

cgreen454
12-17-2013, 03:24 PM
It is the inline 6 cylinder 4 liter. The grounds on the passenger side fender well are good and clean. Any other ground locations I can check? I am wondering if maybe some relay is bad or something. Doesn't seem to have power at the fuse block behind glove box. Thanks for your suggestion.

rhandwor
12-17-2013, 05:01 PM
It is the inline 6 cylinder 4 liter. The grounds on the passenger side fender well are good and clean. Any other ground locations I can check? I am wondering if maybe some relay is bad or something. Doesn't seem to have power at the fuse block behind glove box. Thanks for your suggestion.
Rear of engine
rear of engine compartment.
rear of glove box lamp switch
left rear quarter panel.
Sometimes if you disconnect the battery ground and pull and inspect under the power control center. Pull the fuse box and check.underneath. Corrosion sometimes will cause a wire to break.

Add your comment to this topic!