Busses...Buses

lemorris
12-07-2013, 09:08 AM
I never know which one

http://www.lemorris.com/images/skinner_11.jpg

http://www.lemorris.com/images/skinner_17.jpg

SleepyHead98
12-07-2013, 09:42 AM
I like the Top, more character. The bottom one just looks dirty.

bonzelite
12-07-2013, 07:42 PM
top one is stronger

lemorris
12-07-2013, 10:05 PM
Funny...client loved the second. LOVED. They are his vehicles and in the design they will land pretty good.

The Bus group in Northern AZ prefers "Busses" it may be wrong, but it's right by them. People are quirky like that.

Thanks for the input.

Would love to see more posting. I know where I stand, but I can't get better without seeing.

You fellas should bring it.

bonzelite
12-07-2013, 10:12 PM
Clients, in my experience, often consist of a committee whereby everyone thinks they're the art director. So what results is a choice that often seeks to please everyone thereby pleasing no one. That is why they liked the second one more.

MInd you, they're both great pieces. I'm not trashing your work by any means, but the top one is stronger. I am artist saying this, not a client :cool:

EDIT: they probably didn't like the more detailed and heavy rust of the top one whereas I like that.

lemorris
12-07-2013, 10:16 PM
This is just one guy. He drives them daily too.

I like them both.

I might post the design after approval. It's kinda cool.

He was very pleased, so I'm ok with where it is.

Take what you can and move on to the next...that's the best you can do.

I know your stuff is super high end...share. Folks like me can't grow without it. This board is floundering without art. I appreciate opinion....but art is what will bring this back.

It's nice to have you back btw....wish some of the others would speak up.

:)

bonzelite
12-08-2013, 02:02 AM
This is just one guy. He drives them daily too.

I like them both.

I might post the design after approval. It's kinda cool.

He was very pleased, so I'm ok with where it is.

Take what you can and move on to the next...that's the best you can do.

I know your stuff is super high end...share. Folks like me can't grow without it. This board is floundering without art. I appreciate opinion....but art is what will bring this back.

It's nice to have you back btw....wish some of the others would speak up.

:)

Ok you convinced me. I just posted a couple of threads.

And good on you about the client. I think the angle and composition of the lower one is better. That said, you can't ever really predict how the outside world is going to respond to an artwork. For example, you can create something that you think is "the one" and then it can go entirely ignored, as if nobody sees it or cares. And then you can throw out a drawing that means very little to you personally and it goes viral and the whole world elects it for President.

metalfan170193
12-11-2013, 11:33 AM
Awesome rusty buses, I have to agree that the first one "looks best". The rust looks pretty great on both of them, and I have to admit that the second has some more wicked features than the first one. Great artwork!

lemorris
12-14-2013, 10:34 AM
the comp

http://www.lemorris.com/images/skinner_30.jpg

bonzelite
12-14-2013, 11:10 AM
Oh yes that looks really good ;)

Add your comment to this topic!