Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help... She hit a Cinder Block

Knuckles69
12-03-2013, 09:42 PM
2010 Corolla S 1.8l 4spd Automatic

So, apparently a cinder block fell off the back of a truck in front of her at 50mph.:banghead: Lack of options; she ran over the cinder block rather than swerve and hit either car next to her. Damage seems to be minimal, aside from a large dent in the oil pan. No leaks, but a fairly deep dent in the bottom of the pan. Typically not a huge deal unless its restricting oil pick-up. My real concern is the location of the oil pick up tube. I know these are typically pretty close to the bottom of the pan, but I don't play around with Toyota's much and I'm not really sure exactly where it is. I searched the web in hopes of finding a diagram but have had no luck. Has anyone replaced an oil pan on the 1.8l and know where the pick-up tube is? I've included a picture of the pan and circled a suspicious looking round protrusion. I will be replacing the pan eventually, but my major concern is her driving the car to and from grad school until then. (20 highway miles each way) There is no oil pressure gauge on this car and I'm not really sure you could 'feel' a restricted pick-up tube. Any incite would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks as always

Brian R.
12-04-2013, 08:15 AM
The pick-up tube is at the front of the engine near the crank pulley. Normally is a couple inches above the bottom of the pan. I think it is the widest part of the pan.

Add your comment to this topic!