Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

aldl connector location in a 1990 Lesabre

dieter
11-30-2013, 05:13 PM
I have looked under the dash and all around the steering column and I can not find the aldl connector. I think I know what it should look like but I simply can not find it.

Is there someone that really actually worked on a 1990 Buick LeSabre that knows what it looks like and where is it located?

I pulled the cardboard panels on the left side and I looked; if you know it , let me know.

I even went to Autozone and Oreillys and a Buick dealer(two service writes and one older parts manager) today and none of them even knew what the two-prong key or the aldl connector was and I was flabbergasted; I mean it is only a 1990 model. Must be a generation gap.

maxwedge
12-01-2013, 09:27 AM
My Park Ave from 1990 was under the dash r/s of steering column, hard to see black plastic connector, get under there and snoop around,

Tech II
12-01-2013, 11:21 AM
On some Buicks, it's under dash near parking brake...

imidazol97
12-01-2013, 11:34 AM
Dieter,

I believe on my 93 the ADLC had pushed up through the "cardboard" type material. So there was a slot, but it wasn't stuck in the slot.

dieter
12-01-2013, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the tips but I still couldn't find it. I did find something like it but it had only three wires into ti and over by the heater. I talked with a local Autozone and they said they might be able to find it but on the way there the light went out and I went back home, replaced the panels, cussed a little , got a beer and watched the Bengals and wished I was with them in San Diego.

Now that I don't need it, I will stumble over someone that knows where it is.

dieter
12-01-2013, 03:07 PM
What does this mean?

The Following User Says Thank You to Tech II For This Useful Post:
Remove Your Thanks

dieter
12-01-2013, 07:38 PM
Thanks

angiehunter75
12-06-2013, 08:05 PM
I have looked under the dash and all around the steering column and I can not find the aldl connector. I think I know what it should look like but I simply can not find it.

Is there someone that really actually worked on a 1990 Buick LeSabre that knows what it looks like and where is it located?

I pulled the cardboard panels on the left side and I looked; if you know it , let me know.

I even went to Autozone and Oreillys and a Buick dealer(two service writes and one older parts manager) today and none of them even knew what the two-prong key or the aldl connector was and I was flabbergasted; I mean it is only a 1990 model. Must be a generation gap.

It took me FOREVER to find mine...my car is an 89 Lesabre...its not where i expected it to be for sure...mine is directly under the radio/ashtray..dead center of dash, feel underneath the stereo on the flat surface of the bottom..i felt a rectangle type hole..feeling towards the firewall.& VOILA! there it is!! Ur car may still have the little cover on it, but thats where mine is..royal PIA to read codes myself with a cheat wire...therefore I needed a shop to scan mine. To see it u have to be a contorsionist...good luck :)

dieterschmied
12-07-2013, 05:25 AM
It took me FOREVER to find mine...my car is an 89 Lesabre...its not where i expected it to be for sure...mine is directly under the radio/ashtray..dead center of dash, feel underneath the stereo on the flat surface of the bottom..i felt a rectangle type hole..feeling towards the firewall.& VOILA! there it is!! Ur car may still have the little cover on it, but thats where mine is..royal PIA to read codes myself with a cheat wire...therefore I needed a shop to scan mine. To see it u have to be a contorsionist...good luck :)

I think you got it.! I saw something like that when I had all the covers open but dismissed it because of the other comments. I 'll go after it when the new snow goes. You are right about the contortionist bit. Thanks

angiehunter75
12-07-2013, 11:47 PM
No problem :) My hubby & I are "do-it-yourselfers"..school of hard knocks..or i should say bashed & bruised knuckles! It was complete fluke i found my OBD plug..i had given up looking for it, until my floor matt got all bunched up, & i was awkwardly down there anyways, figured look more thoroughly, feeling around & there it was :) Wish we had snow..we got -20 plus wind (Canada) so no mechanicing right now either..good luck with it

Add your comment to this topic!