Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

What sub replaces factory exact match.

transgta
11-30-2013, 12:54 PM
My 02 yukon sub is an 8 inch factory. I'm needing to know ideas on what is replacement. It has to be a low wattage for factory amp to push. Anyone replaced there's?

thzpcs
05-18-2014, 08:27 PM
I just pick up the OEM speakers from somewhere like here. (http://www.gmpartsonline.net/part-number-search.html?searchText=Fuel%20Composition%20Sensor )

wayaboveme
05-26-2014, 05:31 PM
#1, don't listen to the troll :screwy:stating that stereo issues are not talked about in this forum. Not true at all. As a matter of fact, as seldom as this particular forum is used, I'd think that ANY discussion would be a welcome addition.

Re: the sub, I went thru this too with my 2000 Yuke. In the end, I decided that I wanted more power than that and installed a small Infinity powered sub. Only stands about 15" high by 7-8" thick by another 10"+ in length. Has small wired volume know installed under dash. Has worked great for 5 years now. Not a boomer but gives me what I want.:2cents:

jimdavenport2001
12-03-2016, 12:38 PM
My 02 yukon sub is an 8 inch factory. I'm needing to know ideas on what is replacement. It has to be a low wattage for factory amp to push. Anyone replaced there's?

I have a 2000 Yukon SLT I put a infinity reference 850w 8-inch subwoofer, sounded great, off factory amp. I liked it so much bought another and went to a ported box and a 650w Kenwood amp. If your going to use the OEM box you'll need to MOD the grill a bit or remove completely. The foam surround is to thick for the OEM grille. Bought from Amazon, I used single voice coil, not the dual. Hope that helps.

Add your comment to this topic!