Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

04 dodge stratus driver side window wont go down

hlcinva
11-29-2013, 07:40 PM
Today when I went to put my window down I heard a pop and now window won't go down. You can hear the motor running and I can move the window down if I push it. Could it be off track?

82Stang
11-30-2013, 08:06 PM
Well being this cold weather now, it could be that the window froze in position and when you actuated the auto window open, it popped the window off the track. You'll need to open the door up, not hard at all. Remove some screws and/or maybe bolts from the armrest and pop the door interior off the plastic fasteners. Look inside and you will probably find the window disconnected. May need a new clip or something of the like, to reattach it. Good luck.

hlcinva
12-03-2013, 08:42 AM
Okay, so I pulled the door panel off and nothing looked off track. The window is very hard to move up and down freely. I plugged the harness in while I could see the motor and nothing is moving although you can hear the motor. Is there something else I need to be looking for. I am trying to avoid the cost of labor and I did find a used part for $50 and I think I will just have it replaced. :banghead:

82Stang
12-03-2013, 04:56 PM
Okay, so I pulled the door panel off and nothing looked off track. The window is very hard to move up and down freely. I plugged the harness in while I could see the motor and nothing is moving although you can hear the motor. Is there something else I need to be looking for. I am trying to avoid the cost of labor and I did find a used part for $50 and I think I will just have it replaced. :banghead:
Not to worry. Replacing the window motor is easier than repositioning the window. Sounds like the motor is broke internally. If you have another motor to use in it's place, I think you'll find it is probably the source of your problem. This is something that you can easily do with a socket and screwdriver, saving you labor charges. And once installed, you can verify it works just like you did originally. Let me know if you run into anymore problems.

spike1269
03-17-2014, 05:47 AM
yeah I would have to agree, there is a little spot weld on the inside of the motors. Although you can hear the motor moving the gear on the inside is not and thats where the problem lies.

Add your comment to this topic!