Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

SERIOUSLY OT: Calling all chicks! IT'S PART 6!!

GTA
11-09-2016, 11:03 PM
whee...

Killa_CRX
12-24-2016, 08:02 AM
Damn, this place is deader than the last time Casey Anthony saw her baby...

R.I.P. AF

Well, to anyone else who still checks this place, Merry Christmas!

BLU CIVIC
02-07-2017, 01:53 PM
So all this has happened so far this year

Married and becoming a Texan...kinda
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/blucivic1/Cars/WhatsApp%20Image%202017-02-07%20at%2013.44.35_zps8hxsvlli.jpeg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/blucivic1/Family/Vegas_zpsiknqz17h.jpg

Killa_CRX
02-08-2017, 12:49 PM
So all this has happened so far this year

Married and becoming a Texan...kinda

Wow, cool. Congrats.

Texan you say?

BLU CIVIC
02-08-2017, 02:22 PM
Wow, cool. Congrats.

Texan you say?

Dude, forgot you were in Texas. I'm in Dallas as well. I live on Park Lane and work off Midway

Killa_CRX
02-10-2017, 08:17 AM
Dude, forgot you were in Texas. I'm in Dallas as well. I live on Park Lane and work off Midway

I'm farther north in Richardson, but I work downtown by Love Field. How long have you been in the area?

BLU CIVIC
02-10-2017, 12:03 PM
That's not too far. I moved here the weekend after Thanksgiving and was in an extended stay in Irving until the new year. Been at Park Lane just over a month.

Killa_CRX
05-29-2017, 05:21 AM
Do-be do-be-do
http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/oo205/jason1181/tmp_31416-20170430_165457_11575454821_zpsogg87xz2.gif

00accord44
06-01-2017, 03:54 PM
*snniffffffffffff*

Mmmm still smells the same here. Congrats on the new addition BLU

00accord44
06-01-2017, 03:57 PM
I love that when I tried to do a quick reply I got the gateway error. Just like old times. I miss this place

BLU CIVIC
06-05-2017, 11:49 AM
Maybe they thought it'd fix itself after 5 yrs

TheSilentChamber
06-12-2017, 02:04 PM
Ha! this place still exists... I thought it was a myth, like unicorns and health insurance.

Killa_CRX
06-13-2017, 05:51 AM
Ha! this place still exists... I thought it was a myth, like unicorns and health insurance.

Wherever have you been? Just when I was racking my brain about what was wrong with your Jeep, you disappeared.

Any of you guys looked into crypto currency? I've started buying and holding some since Friday. And since Friday I've doubled my seed money.

TheSilentChamber
06-13-2017, 11:52 PM
Wherever have you been? Just when I was racking my brain about what was wrong with your Jeep, you disappeared.

Any of you guys looked into crypto currency? I've started buying and holding some since Friday. And since Friday I've doubled my seed money.

Yeah, I stepped away for a while. Walked away from a lot of people in life.

I have not messed with Bitcoin or anything. I use Acorns app for "investing" and I earned 4 cents last week lol.

TheSilentChamber
06-13-2017, 11:53 PM
Also.... this thread is like 75% Dallas people now haha.

BLU CIVIC
06-16-2017, 12:01 PM
Kinda funny how we're all moving to the mid-west.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/g-JXxd3MYkGtsCtN_vLwclgzj1jdM9KO5LutjHa6haBk5iLW143B WWCdp0TBcsRuQdlvQKu5GwhCct5kygcCV1ntyqIkOc2lHM7OUh jPH-Vy1mQq1Pn7ChHNGo6h63CWYIwC0ogKka2r2jNs3bndwG8uLxpM HEZWH3ytJT-Aqg9jPPEiirGuWw03-bLgf40S0mKEngBwjbKFTuDdImX6t9RvraJa-2iXSHTD6ZNOkQtOU_72NdB28B6Dq1IFAggUZ22qZEuf10caw5o 5CAI7yE-kK-nxvrrZK1bgZ-NMPazffT4BUbr-QO9yd0EQrbw-xlTsRnVXbQjhwLFAguTyoH2NkIzhNgWI7eqwE11E1Oq_m099DD 75qIOWIP1az8LN2g2-GtjN5NMgumTfBVFGAaPTsJ0yqDup9mWyC1OtYZzKtVg_letMIy Mdld2DU8WvTpn6meVHCiIV06mkEjbs2ddmEvS3OyFfXqrd82V9 0Bp7DkDzFr39-UME06tHdeK6zjOl_OXWM9htNz62KO2hB-JRWVgO8cGO_cJ01ClyLc_ZkXenxchPI_sPvFM7nR63XlfQOZuu NVfMJWq2G2OdAuTvNpfTQLpluQDucR48Xn1ROEpIwoiUiA=w12 02-h856-no

TheSilentChamber
06-16-2017, 04:13 PM
Meh, My alternator may have taken a dump. I can start it up and usually it will get around 12 volts, then I start driving and it will go up to 14 for a couple minutes and flat line to zero. But I've been reading on forums and I guess once it drops below a certain point once it automatically puts the gauge at zero, its not like an actual live reading.

Happened a while back and I wiggled my battery terminals and it went away. I'll try that again first lol.

Good thing about old american v8's... alt is right at the top of the engine, two bolts and its out haha.

TheSilentChamber
06-16-2017, 04:15 PM
Meh, My alternator may have taken a dump. I can start it up and usually it will get around 12 volts, then I start driving and it will go up to 14 for a couple minutes and flat line to zero. But I've been reading on forums and I guess once it drops below a certain point once it automatically puts the gauge at zero, its not like an actual live reading.

Happened a while back and I wiggled my battery terminals and it went away. I'll try that again first lol.

Good thing about old american v8's... alt is right at the top of the engine, two bolts and its out haha.

Killa_CRX
06-19-2017, 10:35 PM
My wife and I are actually getting our house ready to sell. There's like 500k apartments about to open up around the corner from my house and between my house and work... Traffic is bad enough already.
So we're going to move back down toward (or maybe past) Ennis and get away from the big city.

I see alternators charging when cold, and stop when hot, all the time. Actually had a customer turn one down today... gauge shouldn't just flatline though, unless the alternator does. Usually there's a battery light that turns on when the alternator charging drops below battery voltage... then again, I've seen that not be the case too.

My wife is almost done editing together hours and hours and hours of footage I took of me building my gas tank... gonna get that up on youtubes, and become a youtube mega star and all that jazz.

TheSilentChamber
06-19-2017, 10:44 PM
My wife and I are actually getting our house ready to sell. There's like 500k apartments about to open up around the corner from my house and between my house and work... Traffic is bad enough already.
So we're going to move back down toward (or maybe past) Ennis and get away from the big city.

I see alternators charging when cold, and stop when hot, all the time. Actually had a customer turn one down today... gauge shouldn't just flatline though, unless the alternator does. Usually there's a battery light that turns on when the alternator charging drops below battery voltage... then again, I've seen that not be the case too.

My wife is almost done editing together hours and hours and hours of footage I took of me building my gas tank... gonna get that up on youtubes, and become a youtube mega star and all that jazz.

I live right off of the 635 75 interchange. Traffic is horrible unless its the middle of the night. When I was younger we would go down to the drag strip in Ennis pretty often, other than that I don't know much about the place lol.

And it was the alternator. It did it again while I was driving home the other day and I popped the hood and tapped on the alt with a pipe and it started working again. So I replaced that a few minutes ago, it was under warranty anyway. Duracrap autozone. It has two tiny 7mm nuts on the back where one of the connections hooks up, snapped off the stud on the new one... so I had to disassemble the old one and the new one and swap that plastic piece over that that stud was pressed into. Woo... install, break, uninstall, disassemble, reassemble, reinstall. Piece of cake haha.

TheSilentChamber
07-06-2017, 12:34 AM
Man, these random storms.

Killa_CRX
07-08-2017, 07:18 PM
Man, these random storms.

I know, huh!

TheSilentChamber
07-08-2017, 07:21 PM
I know, huh!

Also, hot as balls.

But its Texas, so I've kinda stopped complaining and just take it as a given haha. I mostly just avoid leaving the apartment during the day time (I'm self employed again, work from home).

TheSilentChamber
07-08-2017, 07:27 PM
Also, hot as balls.

But its Texas, so I've kinda stopped complaining and just take it as a given haha. I mostly just avoid leaving the apartment during the day time (I'm self employed again, work from home).

Also I've got to be in Frisco ass early Wednesday, I think at like 7:30... which is insane for someone not used to getting up till noonish haha.

Killa_CRX
07-09-2017, 07:11 AM
Also I've got to be in Frisco ass early Wednesday, I think at like 7:30... which is insane for someone not used to getting up till noonish haha.

What's in Frisco?

I've been trying to do yard work this weekend. That's hot!
Two weeks until my house goes on market.

TheSilentChamber
07-09-2017, 07:13 AM
Frisco Gun Club, taking LTC class there. And it got rescheduled to next Saturday anyhoo. Early is still early though.

Killa_CRX
07-10-2017, 10:15 PM
I saw a bald white dude in a lifted Jeep, crossing Midway, on the 635 service road this afternoon. I thought of you TSC

TheSilentChamber
07-10-2017, 10:19 PM
I saw a bald white dude in a lifted Jeep, crossing Midway, on the 635 service road this afternoon. I thought of you TSC

Hahaha. Speaking of lifted jeeps... I seriously need to change my shocks and suspension bushings. Going over some of the tall curved interchanges makes me clinch from the body roll. I drive like an old lady in those areas.

BLU CIVIC
07-20-2017, 05:21 PM
I work on Midway across from Addison Airport

BLU CIVIC
07-20-2017, 05:22 PM

TheSilentChamber
07-20-2017, 05:24 PM

Addison has an airport?

BLU CIVIC
07-21-2017, 08:51 AM
Yeah, for private planes

addisonairport.net

TheSilentChamber
07-21-2017, 08:54 AM
Ohhhhh, They have an aviation museum, might have to check that out.

TheSilentChamber
07-30-2017, 06:58 PM
Heh, so I won a design contest in Switzerland back in like... March or so, and I thought it was just like... for recognition and stuff, I got featured in a trade magazine because of it. Anyway, yesterday I got an email from them like "oh sorry, we meant to contact you after the baselworld show but we had a lot of stuff going on at the office as soon as we returned, but we owe you prize money.

Nothing like unexpected money that you unexpected lol.

Stealthee
07-30-2017, 07:43 PM
Since its unexpected you can send it my way. :D

I could use it for an unexpected surprise I ran into today in the attempts to resurrect my Stealth from the dead. I swear it started as a simple project that could have taken a mere few weeks, but I just kept taking stuff apart. Why do I keep doing this to myself? :lol:

Stealthee
07-30-2017, 07:43 PM
Since its unexpected you can send it my way. :D

I could use it for an unexpected surprise I ran into today in the attempts to resurrect my Stealth from the dead. I swear it started as a simple project that could have taken a mere few weeks, but I just kept taking stuff apart. Why do I keep doing this to myself? :lol:

Killa_CRX
09-24-2017, 09:34 AM
The transmission in my Civic went out last night. Damnit.

TheSilentChamber
11-19-2017, 11:32 PM
The transmission in my Civic went out last night. Damnit.

Went out.... like to dinner, or on a date? :iceslolan

CivicSpoon
01-08-2018, 11:34 PM
;lajhfkkljwerhflikaujehfwf

Killa_CRX
01-27-2018, 09:45 PM
;lajhfkkljwerhflikaujehfwf

asdfjkll;

Converted the civic to manual transmission... ordered some different wheels, to undo some of the stuff I've done that I don't like.... like the super wide wheels/tires and extreme negative camber. Might also be reinstalling power steering. One thing at a time though.

Stealthee
01-27-2018, 10:07 PM
asdfjkll;

Converted the civic to manual transmission... ordered some different wheels, to undo some of the stuff I've done that I don't like.... like the super wide wheels/tires and extreme negative camber. Might also be reinstalling power steering. One thing at a time though.

Sounds like the hatch I helped my brother de-rice. He got it in a trade. It sat way too low with way too much camber amongst a bunch of other stuff. I jacked the coilovers up to a normal height, set the camber to normal, and went through a lot of other stuff to make it not only drive normal, but look better.

Killa_CRX
01-28-2018, 06:52 AM
Sounds like the hatch I helped my brother de-rice. He got it in a trade. It sat way too low with way too much camber amongst a bunch of other stuff. I jacked the coilovers up to a normal height, set the camber to normal, and went through a lot of other stuff to make it not only drive normal, but look better.

In town it wasn't so bad, but I've since moved out of the Dallas area, and commute 130 miles a day. The negative camber makes it unruly on the highway, and I can't get any decent all season tires in a 205/50/15.

I actually got angry about how bad it drove, back in November, and bought a 2014 Acura ILX... good God, I love that car. But the lease is about to be up on my wife's car, so instead of getting another, she's going to drive the ILX and I'm going to bite the bullet and drive the Civic until I can either change jobs or open my own shop.

TheSilentChamber
01-31-2018, 08:41 PM
In town it wasn't so bad, but I've since moved out of the Dallas area, and commute 130 miles a day. The negative camber makes it unruly on the highway, and I can't get any decent all season tires in a 205/50/15.

I actually got angry about how bad it drove, back in November, and bought a 2014 Acura ILX... good God, I love that car. But the lease is about to be up on my wife's car, so instead of getting another, she's going to drive the ILX and I'm going to bite the bullet and drive the Civic until I can either change jobs or open my own shop.

Thinking of opening your own place? I think I'm going to bite the bullet soon and go to a mechanic for the first time in my life. Need a new rear seal and axle bearings. The bearings arent hard, but I don't have a press and don't think its cost effective to buy one just for one thing. And rear seals are just no fun.

Killa_CRX
02-02-2018, 08:57 PM
Thinking of opening your own place?

I think about it, but when I think about the extreme change in dynamics that's about to take place in the automotive industry, I realize I'd only have about 15 years to have my own repair business. So I rule it out.

I hate doing axle work. Gear oil is terrible. Stinks and hard to clean up.

TheSilentChamber
02-02-2018, 09:11 PM
I think about it, but when I think about the extreme change in dynamics that's about to take place in the automotive industry, I realize I'd only have about 15 years to have my own repair business. So I rule it out.

I hate doing axle work. Gear oil is terrible. Stinks and hard to clean up.

God it smells awful.

This is my third year working for myself, and I'm just now starting to actually turn a profit, but I could still easily make more by working somewhere else. Once you run your own thing for a while its almost impossible to go back to work for somewhere else though. You really think the automotive industry will change that drastically over the next couple decades?

Stealthee
02-02-2018, 10:22 PM
I've got something that smells worse than gear oil. Supercharger oil. I wanted to vomit when I changed it out when I had my Grand Prix.

Killa_CRX
02-03-2018, 08:18 AM
God it smells awful.

You really think the automotive industry will change that drastically over the next couple decades?

Toyota revealed it's level 3 self driving car prototype this year. (level 1=basic things like radar cruise, pre-collision braking, lane keep assistance, etc..... level 5=fully autonomous)... my prediction is that 10 years after the first level 5 car hits the ground (which I think we're 5-7 years from) car ownership goes away entirely. It's a long explanation as to how we get there, because there'd be other explaining about how the industry currently works and is moving in that direction.... but yeah 10 years after the first level 5 hits the ground, you wont be able to own a car and drive it on public roads anymore. Which will pretty much eliminate the self-employed mechanic.
Automakers are already taking on HUGE expenses (actually a lot of it is being placed on dealerships, who are being unknowingly complacent) to condition people for the change, too... which also requires a lot of explanation. As an example, we now run about an 80/20 Lease/buy ratio right now, and that's been getting steeper every year. We also now roll service plans and tire plans into the lease costs. Pretty soon, nobody will even consider 'buying' a car anymore.

TheSilentChamber
02-12-2018, 10:08 PM
Well my human driving car randomly died on my earlier. Was leaving a shop, started fine, drove 30 feet though the parking lot, stopped to pull onto the road and just died, no sputter or anything. Cranked right back up, no codes or anything. Seems to be fine... but I'm scratching my head, its never done that before lol.

Killa_CRX
02-16-2018, 07:52 PM
Well my human driving car randomly died on my earlier. Was leaving a shop, started fine, drove 30 feet though the parking lot, stopped to pull onto the road and just died, no sputter or anything. Cranked right back up, no codes or anything. Seems to be fine... but I'm scratching my head, its never done that before lol.

This still that silly Jeep of yours?

TheSilentChamber
02-16-2018, 07:54 PM
This still that silly Jeep of yours?

Yup, I think its the IAC. Doing it on a regular basis now lol. If its not raining this weekend I'm going to pull it out and clean it, or just put a new one in it.

Killa_CRX
04-15-2018, 08:11 AM
http://wizbangblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/cricket-chirping.jpg

Tony
09-17-2018, 07:52 PM
Wakey wakey

Tony
09-17-2018, 07:52 PM
Wakey wakey

GTA
10-14-2018, 10:56 AM
Hrmm....

GTA
10-14-2018, 10:56 AM
Where did I just wander into lol

TheSilentChamber
11-08-2018, 12:25 AM
Just doing my yearly check in...

amy@af
11-08-2018, 05:35 PM
Just doing my yearly check in...

Oh good, now 10 of us don't have to text you....

TheSilentChamber
11-28-2018, 12:13 AM
Oh good, now 10 of us don't have to text you....

You wish 10 of us would text you...

... see what I did there? :D

BLU CIVIC
12-19-2018, 01:35 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/f0f179b439ebd443d6cd904146581045/tenor.gif

BLU CIVIC
12-19-2018, 01:36 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/f0f179b439ebd443d6cd904146581045/tenor.gif

Add your comment to this topic!