SERIOUSLY OT: Calling all chicks! IT'S PART 6!!

TheSilentChamber
12-21-2013, 12:25 AM
In unrelated news entirely, I drove a new benz today, c300? or something... basically the cheapest one they make. It was however awd, and although very heavy, it got up and moved pretty decent. Like a line backer towards a cheeseburger.

TheSilentChamber
12-21-2013, 12:27 AM
http://replygif.net/i/303.gif

CivicSpoon
12-21-2013, 12:39 AM
It was seriously like being one of those guys that just hangs around your buddies garage while he does an engine swap. A bunch of random people/friends of friends stop by and dont really help, during mundane tasks they quiz each other about rando car knowledge and/or movie quotes to one up each other, and they experience technical difficulties with the most obscure things you can never plan for. Like I said... it was like being that guy that just sits around and watches.
Holy shit dude. You just described my life. Well, except from the perspective of being one of the people who actually helps working on the cars, while observing those who just show up to "watch".

I'm 100% serious. If I recorded every time I helped my friend work on a car, your description is exactly what would be viewed. Random people show up at the most inopportune time, and don't have the mechanical abilities to actually help. Most of the time when we're doing shit we don't need to really concentration on, if friends of friends are present they are likely asking random Honda related questions, which I am pretty much a master of ('88-'00 Hondas anyways), or my friend is making random movie quotes (pretty much his & him siblings' "thing"). Not quite specific on the car thing you posted, but it certainly can get there with some people, mostly rich kids who think they know what they are talking about, but are too egotistical or high too to realizing the bullshit they are talking about. And literally if I had a $1 for every time my friend and his sister quoted a movie to me, I'd be a god damn millionaire, and I'm not exaggerating.

I'm going to have to check this out for sure.

CivicSpoon
12-21-2013, 12:43 AM
Dam I really want a burrito right now. This needs to happen.... I could go for a colon cleansing taco bell double crunch wrap too. Maybe a double stop is in order
Well if the link you posted is a success, your need could very well be completed in the future.

TheSilentChamber
12-21-2013, 12:48 AM
Whats the going price of a large pizza where you guys are? Local place, not big chain.

CivicSpoon
12-21-2013, 12:50 AM
I wasn't sure if the opening the cigarettes from the bottom one would land. It occurred to me that that one might be "regional"
It's certainly not "regional" around here. I have never heard of such a thing. I smoke Newports all the damn time. Why the hell would anyone open a pack of cigarettes from the bottom of the pack? Seriously, could someone please inform my ignorant ass about this, even if it's through PM.

TheSilentChamber
12-21-2013, 12:52 AM
Well when your fingers have been in some jungle love, you don't want to touch the part of the cigarette that goes in your mouth ;)

TheSilentChamber
12-21-2013, 12:53 AM
reinforcing another stereotype, if I might add.

TheSilentChamber
12-21-2013, 12:59 AM
Know what I'm sayin' chief?

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/083/8/6/burlesque_dancer_in_black_pvc_by_thickstyle-d4tsldr.gif

CivicSpoon
12-21-2013, 01:17 AM
Whats the going price of a large pizza where you guys are? Local place, not big chain.
One place (big slices but pretty greasy) is $17.95 for one or $20.95 for two (yeah...not good at maff these it-al-ee-unns is).

Or $12.99 for a single, from another place, that slices them into pizza strips, rather than typical slices. People in the area speak of this place like it's the king shit: even if they lived in NYC with real pizza (no disrespect to Chicago Pizza because I think it's the real shit). Personally, thing pizza makes me almost shit my pants each time I eat it. For real, once, after not eating for a full day, I ate 5, three inch wide and 6 inches long strips of this pizza months ago, it instantly made me poop green. Neon/Forest green defecation. From the research I immediately did, that's the kind of food that your body says "ok body, please tell your colon to completely ignore what is passing through your digestive system, because it's so wrong for your body, that your colon can't handle it." So your body pushes this horrid excuse for digestive material through your body so fast, that it completely ignores your damn colon. And it comes out green.

Beyond that, I'd have to do some research for better prices, with better pizza (and they ain't fucking Papa Johns, which is the worst of the worst IMHO.) Those are just what I can quote off the top of my head at this drunken moment.

TheSilentChamber
12-21-2013, 01:19 AM
local place here its 30 bucks for a large AND delivery usually takes an hour.

CivicSpoon
12-21-2013, 01:23 AM
Holy shit. You might as well make your own. That is insane. Must be all those damn gluten free and vegan d-bags in Oregon who have driven up the costs. Hell even a freeze dried pizza from a grocery store has to be almost half that.

TheSilentChamber
12-21-2013, 01:36 AM
One place (big slices but pretty greasy) is $17.95 for one or $20.95 for two (yeah...not good at maff these it-al-ee-unns is).

Actually, from a business standpoint its not a bad idea, break it down like this. And some of this info I know because my parents owned pizza restaurants for 30+ years. Most of the cost of a pizza is labor and operating costs of the facilities. On that initial pizza Say you spend 4 minutes prepping, 15 minutes cook, and a minute cutting and boxing, Ingredients costing say $4. Now for two pizzas, since most of the ingredients are shared, such as sauces and cheese, spices, other common add ons the prep time does not double, but only goes to 5.5 minutes, cook time is the same and at no additional cost, because the oven uses the same power weather it has one pizza or 10 pizzas in it. Ingredients cost the same on the surface, but if you go a little deeper, by doubling the amount of ingredients on every sale your able to purchase in larger quantities at a cheaper rate. Also because of the higher turn over your able to offer fresher items because of more frequent deliveries, and abilities to offer more of the lesser ordered ordered items because when people are ordering two pizzas they're more likely to get one standard everyone likes it variety and something more exotic. And moving on, cutting and boxing time goes up to one and a half minutes.

So if you look at it from a pure mathematical surface model it seems dumb to offer twice as much for only a fraction of the initial cost. But if you look at it a little deeper, it has a lot of benefits, and when you have deals like that you draw in business, one pizza for 18? Yeah ok maybe, but two for $22? Hell yeah! Lets do it! Very small loss in overall profit margin but generates a lot of business that more than makes up for it I'm sure, plus the added benefits of back end costs reduction as I mentioned earlier.

/end ramble.

TheSilentChamber
12-21-2013, 01:46 AM
Oh and the place I referred to does have vegan pizza.... *but* they have a King Earl's Deliverance, which is Pancetta, bacon, sausage & extra cheese, and they'll put scrambled eggs on it if you ask. I ask. And its amazing. And you will give birth to a food baby the next morning. And you'll sweat enough in your sleep to quench the thirst of millions of Kenyans. AND you'll love ever moment of it!

00accord44
12-21-2013, 09:12 AM
A large around here is about $18 for a pan or $24 for a stuffed (deep dish) depending where you are. Most places get you with the toppings tough. My usual pizza is stuffed with two or three toppings depending who I might be forced to share it with and it'll run me about $30 by the time its all said and done... fucking worth every penny though. i can live off a large deep dish for about three days.

00accord44
12-21-2013, 09:14 AM
In somewhat unrelated news, I keep trying to get this google map embedded in this site and it'll work in the preview mode but never in live mode. The site allows embedly links but either Im more tech dumb than I thought or their process is really user unfriendly.

00accord44
12-21-2013, 09:15 AM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maesnjJLlV1rztnb3o1_500.gif

00accord44
12-21-2013, 09:52 AM
Good ol google search solved that problem. Up yours, embedly

00accord44
12-21-2013, 09:53 AM
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll36/Bigsteve87/Gifs/bth_Chappelle.gif

00accord44
12-21-2013, 09:55 AM
and for my next complaint.... fuck Win8 and its so called "defender" antivirus program that they strong arm you into using. I got web crawlers all over my shit and Win8 doesnt seem to think anything is wrong.... worse yet it popped up one measly notification of a thwarted attempt at phishing.

Fuck you very much windows

TheSilentChamber
12-21-2013, 01:31 PM
I use windows 7 with Sophos and windows essentials.

8 sucks balls.

TheSilentChamber
12-21-2013, 01:34 PM
Oh and I purchased some herb garden because thats how I feel about Christmas. Kinda lucked out, my guy was going out of town so I cleaned out what he had left at a vurrrryyyyy purrrrdddyyyyy price.

TheSilentChamber
12-21-2013, 01:58 PM
I think on my next car build I'll be using a Holley Dominator EFI setup. Been watching them program and and set it up on this engine swap, I have to say its the most easy to use fully stand alone engine management I've ever seen. Want to run o2 per cylinder? no problem, want to turn the fan on at 160 degrees? it can do that, Want to set up chain of events, such as turning fuel pump on, wait two seconds, power ignition module, it can dooooo iiittttt.... oh shit you ran a wire to the wrong pin? no problem, pin assignments are drop and drag in the software. all live tunable and configurable via laptop or included touch screen lcd. Seriously, this thing is sweet, and not unreasonably priced either.

00accord44
12-21-2013, 02:26 PM
I use windows 7 with Sophos and windows essentials.

8 sucks balls.

no MSE on Win8.... fucking ridiculous. Defender is a joke. And not even a funny joke, like a bad stolen joke.

00accord44
12-21-2013, 02:27 PM
http://k.minus.com/ibgsZw.gif

TheSilentChamber
12-21-2013, 02:29 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6r1mctzOL1qexya3.gif

TheSilentChamber
12-21-2013, 02:32 PM
So in my "getting prepairedness for buying a crappy car" I purchased $300 more dollars worth of tools. I'm feeling manlier by the moment.

TheSilentChamber
12-21-2013, 03:32 PM
So wow, this engine swap that I've been watching the replay of the live feed of ended in the same manner as I described earlier... pretty much as it would have played out even if it werent being done live on camera at a car show: In a last minute scramble to redo the fuel system because they were missing one fitting, they fire the car up, and immediately get bitched at by some blonde hag running the show about the noise. Because pretty much every time you do an engine swap and there is always someones girlfriend sleeping or 800 year old neighbor that starts bitching when you rip on the open exhaust a few times as a reward for your last few days of work. Bitches.

00accord44
12-21-2013, 09:50 PM
Bitches, indeed

00accord44
12-21-2013, 09:52 PM
Speaking of bitches, ran ccleaner and still have bullshit malware up the anus.... although it seems to have knocked out one of the ads that was mucking up AF for me earlier.

00accord44
12-21-2013, 09:54 PM
Odd thing is, I cant even think of where this shit got into my system. I dont download shit to this one and dont do too much investigating of "specialty" sites :dunno:

00accord44
12-21-2013, 09:55 PM
if there is malware, that shit will find me. Every time

CivicSpoon
12-21-2013, 09:58 PM
Maybe try running Malware Bytes. Seems to be the best program at removing that crap, when other programs can't. I always keep a copy on a thumb drive to install, when someone gets a really nasty one that causes their internet not to connect.

CivicSpoon
12-21-2013, 10:00 PM
and for my next complaint.... fuck Win8 and its so called "defender" antivirus program that they strong arm you into using. I got web crawlers all over my shit and Win8 doesnt seem to think anything is wrong.... worse yet it popped up one measly notification of a thwarted attempt at phishing.

Fuck you very much windows
Yeah that shit is worthless. It was actually better on Win XP at finding stuff than it is on Win 8. Not sure how that is possible, but it's Microsoft.

00accord44
12-21-2013, 10:30 PM
Maybe try running Malware Bytes. Seems to be the best program at removing that crap, when other programs can't. I always keep a copy on a thumb drive to install, when someone gets a really nasty one that causes their internet not to connect.

Just ran the scan (quick scan) after just having run ccleaner and the Windows Pretender update. Found a good chunk of malicious files to remove.

00accord44
12-21-2013, 10:40 PM
Seems to have worked! :boink:

00accord44
12-23-2013, 08:37 AM
*knocks dust off this thread*

00accord44
12-23-2013, 08:38 AM
Happy Festivus for the rest of us

00accord44
12-23-2013, 08:39 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/2081832c668dadadb1e5572e2bc4b448/tumblr_mfckx0idtm1qa5etko1_500.gif

00accord44
12-23-2013, 08:40 AM
I guess this is airing of grievances

http://www.festivus.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/tumblr_mqipbjKrYA1qc1jg4o1_400.gif

TheSilentChamber
12-23-2013, 12:30 PM
air, indeed.

TheSilentChamber
12-23-2013, 01:54 PM
Today and tomorrow and Thursday and Friday are the most useless work days of the year just about. Who the fuck gets shit done days before 'Crimmis?

00accord44
12-23-2013, 08:19 PM
Agreed. The next two weeks are pretty much useless for work unless you fight fires or some shit

TheSilentChamber
12-23-2013, 10:33 PM
Cooking chili. Mmmmm mmmmm

00accord44
12-24-2013, 06:05 AM
I think sometimes "we" *points to back of hand* take too much pleasure in claiming to have felt odd about stuff *points to palm of hand* people will ask and exaggerate..... but let me write out a text I got from a *points to palm* former coworker

12/23/13
10:34 pm

This is so random but I know I can ask you... what do mixed race individuals (black & white) prefer to be called? Mulatto is considered offensive right?

And isnt mixed offensive too?

Sadly I was asleep when she sent this so Im not sure what the scenario was but I really hope she didnt roll with "mulatto" :nono:

00accord44
12-24-2013, 06:08 AM
.....and for the record, "mixed" is definitely a lot safer, but if somebody is waiting for the chance to launch a tirade about their race, then there probably is no right answer

00accord44
12-24-2013, 06:09 AM
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/glee/images/b/b2/The_more_you_know.gif

00accord44
12-24-2013, 08:17 AM
Call me crazy, but wouldnt you think that when you get your credit card billing statement and it has "Payment Due Date 12/27/13" on it that your automatic payment would hit on said due date? Apparently that makes no sense to the people at Citi.

Bill says 12/27.
They pull the money on 12/23.
Acorn is suddenly overdrafted (having planned for the payment to hit right when direct deposit does)
Acorn calls customer service to complain. Here is a brief excerpt from my convo this fine morning

CS: your auto payment is set up to pull on the 21st of every month
Acorn: well why in the fuck doesnt the bill say 12/21 then?
CS: well we can set it up to pull on the 27th if that's better for you
Acorn: That's not the point. I want the paper bill to say the date that money will be taken from me
CS: well sir, the reason the funds are withdrawan early is because it takes 24-48 hours for processing and we need to ensure the funds are available with the bank
Acorn: ...that has nothing to do with my complaint
CS: *silence*
Acorn: My complaint is that the date on the paper statement sent to me, the one I use to remind myself that there will be a significant withdrawal, that paper statement is not in line with reality. I want that paper to say the day that money will be taken, not some arbitrary day where you guys say you need to receive it. Is that possible?
CS: I will update the notes on your account to reflect this
Acorn: So is that confirmation that it will happen?
CS: Yes sir, I am updating the notes now

I get the feeling this isnt over

Merry fucking christmas everybody

TheSilentChamber
12-24-2013, 12:13 PM
I think sometimes "we" *points to back of hand* take too much pleasure in claiming to have felt odd about stuff *points to palm of hand* people will ask and exaggerate..... but let me write out a text I got from a *points to palm* former coworker

12/23/13

This is so random but I know I can ask you... what do mixed race individuals (black & white) prefer to be called? Mulatto is considered offensive right?

Sadly I was asleep when she sent this so Im not sure what the scenario was but I really hope she didnt roll with "mulatto" :nono:

R O Fucking F L

00accord44
12-24-2013, 01:22 PM
I should have expected as much after I did this show

http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID7361/images/paul_mooney.jpg

TheSilentChamber
12-24-2013, 04:21 PM
Call me crazy, but wouldnt you think that when you get your credit card billing statement and it has "Payment Due Date 12/27/13" on it that your automatic payment would hit on said due date? Apparently that makes no sense to the people at Citi.

Bill says 12/27.
They pull the money on 12/23.
Acorn is suddenly overdrafted (having planned for the payment to hit right when direct deposit does)
Acorn calls customer service to complain. Here is a brief excerpt from my convo this fine morning

CS: your auto payment is set up to pull on the 21st of every month
Acorn: well why in the fuck doesnt the bill say 12/21 then?
CS: well we can set it up to pull on the 27th if that's better for you
Acorn: That's not the point. I want the paper bill to say the date that money will be taken from me
CS: well sir, the reason the funds are withdrawan early is because it takes 24-48 hours for processing and we need to ensure the funds are available with the bank
Acorn: ...that has nothing to do with my complaint
CS: *silence*
Acorn: My complaint is that the date on the paper statement sent to me, the one I use to remind myself that there will be a significant withdrawal, that paper statement is not in line with reality. I want that paper to say the day that money will be taken, not some arbitrary day where you guys say you need to receive it. Is that possible?
CS: I will update the notes on your account to reflect this
Acorn: So is that confirmation that it will happen?
CS: Yes sir, I am updating the notes now

I get the feeling this isnt over

Merry fucking christmas everybody

Some people *points at back of hand* don't pay their bills on the last day....

Greenblurr93
12-24-2013, 05:36 PM

12/23/13

You know, it took me a solid minute of looking at my hand to figure out why the hell you are pointing at your hand when typing... then it clicked..

*points to palm of hand* moment... then I Rofl'd

TheSilentChamber
12-24-2013, 05:51 PM
Heh, that is a very common thing in the south... Guess you Yankees don't get it...

00accord44
12-24-2013, 07:49 PM
EXACTLY!! If I paid my bills on time this wouldn't have been an issue, thats why I sign up for auto withdrawal for the payments.

00accord44
12-24-2013, 07:52 PM
we cant all be Rich Smurf
http://cdn.listelist.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Im_Rich.gif

TheSilentChamber
12-25-2013, 07:22 PM
As a graduate gemologist, I have to say those are the worst cut diamonds I've ever seen in my life...

TheSilentChamber
12-25-2013, 07:22 PM
Oh yeah, and FUCK YOU! ITS CHRISTMAS!

00accord44
12-26-2013, 09:23 AM
My gift to AF was a temporary lapse in whoring.... you're all welcome. All three of you

00accord44
12-26-2013, 09:24 AM
....and judging by this "duplicate post" message, I'd say AFs gift is double posting

CivicSpoon
12-26-2013, 09:36 AM
For the past 2 months, everyone in my family has been sick. A few have been sick for that long or longer, because doctors don't like to give out antibiotics anymore. I myself, never got so much as a scratchy throat or head congestion. So of course, my body waits until Christmas Eve to break down. Now I can't even enjoy the hard cider I got yesterday, because I can't taste shit.

Add your comment to this topic!