Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

hlj problems?

Integra14
06-18-2003, 04:57 PM
has anyone ever had mess ups with hlj, such as WRong items.. more items, less items.. etc.

Im just wondering, cause maybe ill get lucky and get extras and etc.'s...

anything ever happend like this be4

mike united
06-18-2003, 05:09 PM
Yepp,
Last week my order came.......it was 1 Tamiya Toyota Supra, 1 Tamiya Skyline V-Spec & 1 Tamiya Celica SS11. The thing is they sent me the wrong Celica, i got the latest one instead. Wasn't too bothered but i e-mailed them anyway just to let them know. About two hours later they had replied to say sorry and to keep the wrongly sent item and that the Celica SS11 was on its way totally to HLJ's expence. The bad news though is that if those customs people who i hate get hold of it then it aint gonna be free................

Later, Mike.

primera man
06-18-2003, 05:48 PM
Now thats what i call service......makes you interested in going back and do more bussiness with them:bigthumb:

blueboost
06-18-2003, 05:53 PM
well, I got a order from them today and it was perfect as usual. I have placed many orders with them within the recent past. they can't be beat. I absolutely love doing business with them and I have my fellow forum members here to thank and them alone for putting me on!! :thumbsup:

mike united
06-18-2003, 05:54 PM
Hope they get my next order wrong too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another thing that "struck me" before was this...................i guess anyone really who's ordered from them a few times before could just mail them after receiving an order and say Oh, Errrr.....ive received the wrong thing's and.........you understand.........

Later, Mike.

yellow15
06-18-2003, 05:57 PM
yeah i've placed quite a few orders thru them and so far no problems at all except the last one: i ordered a Mercedes Benz A-blass and they sent me an Evo VI kit. I sent them an email and a few hours later, they replied to me appoligise and say they will send me the right one sraight away and ask me to keep the Evo VI kit.. another happy customer and of course i'll love to buy from them again (and hope they'll keep sending me wrong models LOL)

Richard

mike united
06-18-2003, 06:01 PM
Yeah, but like i said earlier it's great as long as those pesky sticky fingered customs officers dont get hold of our "free" stuff !!!!!!!!

Mike.

bah humbug
06-18-2003, 07:05 PM
Your lucky :tongue:

Umm HLJ instead of the stock supra you gave me the sard.
Can I have another one and keep this one. :biggrin:

exhaust smoke
06-19-2003, 03:11 AM
I had a couple of mess ups with them before. They once sent me somebody else's order and I thought they would let me keep them. Unfortunately, the person who had my order also raised the problem so they arraged for us to send each other our respective orders. Wasn't to bad, we were refunded our full postage costs and they gave us an extra 1,000 Yen as inconvenience compensation.

They also got one of my spare parts orders mixed up. They again refunded my money, let me keep the part and re-ordered and sent my requested part for free.

They're pretty honest, and have good customer relations, so I'm happy with that arrangement:biggrin:

daggerlee
06-19-2003, 06:04 AM
I've never had a bad experience with them. Personally I wouldn't take advantage of their policies or we might not see them in use in the future. :headshake

tonioseven
06-19-2003, 12:36 PM
In the 3 years I've been giving them my money, I've had 1 problem and they fixed it quickly; I ended up with a free set of wheels but I offered to return them first. They insisted I keep them. They have some of the best service of any merchant in the entire world! Literally!:sunglasse :sunglasse :sunglasse

endlesskev86
06-19-2003, 01:00 PM
Wow.... very trustworthy..
anybody know if this is the case for hobbysearch... that www.1999.co.jp site?

subyfanatic
06-21-2003, 01:13 PM
I've been ordering from them for about three years and only once received the wrong model in place of another. I never did anything about it and reoredered more anyway. I did however get the following e-mail in regards to my most recent order-

Hello and thank you for your current order with HobbyLink Japan.

As you may have seen from the notice on our website, on June 18, we
discontinued shipping to the USA by United Parcel Service (UPS).
Customers in the USA now have the choice of either going with shipping by
postal service SAL, or EMS classes to get their purchases. Full details
about this change are explained on our web site at:

http://www.hlj.com/hlj_ups.html

When you placed your current order with us, we understand that you
expected to be able to get your items shipped by UPS. We're very sorry
that we have had to make this change, but the terms presented to us by
UPS really offer us no choice.

For now, we have changed the shipping method on your outstanding order to
SAL. This will get your package to the USA for a cost 20 to 30% lower
than by UPS, but it may take up to two weeks, or even longer in some
cases, to get your package from the time we ship it. If you're looking
for faster service (delivery in 3-5 business days), please login to our
Account Maintenance System, which is located at:

Then select "Update Shipping Method" from the top menu of choices. From
there, you can select whether you want the faster EMS, or more economical SAL.

Regardless of which shipping method you choose, remember that HLJ is
committed to customer satisfaction, and we'll always work with you to
resolve to your satisfaction any difficulties that may take place during
shipping.

As always, we thank you for your loyal support!

---

Scott T. Hards
President
HobbyLink Japan (www.hlj.com)

blueboost
06-21-2003, 06:11 PM
so I wonder what this means for us U.S. ppl. I don't want to wait 6 months for SAL to decide to arrive and I don't want to pay mucho dinero for shipping. is this the end of HLJ for US customers? I mean I think shipping was already expensive, but if usps is going to be even more, I mine as well order ish from the hobbyshope (PLEASE NO!!! :banghead: )

what are my fellow US model building HLJ orderin bretherin going to do?

subyfanatic
06-22-2003, 01:42 AM
I'm not sure exactly what effect this will have, may be too early to tell. I noticed someone else started a thread about this new shipping policy at HLJ. Seems like shipping will be cheaper but, we'd have to wait longer for our kits. It may not be HLJ at fault here either, I work in a distribution and warehouse facility and we've been thinking of switching to Fedex for our deliveries since UPS announced their rate hike. It's sometimes a tough decision to make since most of your customers are used to one company and that level of service and all of a sudden you start shipping with someone else. I just hope cheaper shipping doesn't mean more damages. I'm curious to see if anyone has received anything recently from HLJ through their SAS or Expedited Shipping service.

E

Add your comment to this topic!