93 Wrangler 4.0 Won't Turnover

leroge
11-14-2013, 07:27 AM
After the first night of really cold weather ( Chicago ), my Wrangler wouldn't turn over. I kept getting one 'click'. I did notice the battery ( relatively new ) was 'down'. However, after several attempts of jump starting, I continued to get just one 'click'. I thought it might be a stuck solenoid but even after a friend kept tapping it with a small hammer, just one 'click' continued. Never experienced this kind of problem.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Roger

rhandwor
12-08-2013, 07:19 PM
After the first night of really cold weather ( Chicago ), my Wrangler wouldn't turn over. I kept getting one 'click'. I did notice the battery ( relatively new ) was 'down'. However, after several attempts of jump starting, I continued to get just one 'click'. I thought it might be a stuck solenoid but even after a friend kept tapping it with a small hammer, just one 'click' continued. Never experienced this kind of problem.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Roger
I would clean the battery terminals and charge up the battery. Use a pair of jumper wires and jump across the two large terminals on the solenoid both red ends on the cable. If this doesn't work tap the starter with a hammer and see if this helps.
If it starts after tapping the starter with a hammer purchase a rebuilt starter.
You may need two sets of jumper cables.

Add your comment to this topic!