Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tein springs or Eibach springs

stoneweed1
06-18-2003, 12:41 PM
i plan on getting the KYB GR-2 shocks/struts and can't decide between the tein springs or the eibach springs.....

anyone have any recommendations or advice or experiences?

G-ealousy
08-15-2003, 07:40 PM
I have the Tein S Techs with the Kyb-Gr2s my self.. they're sweet! I love the ride, it feels almost stock, but without the body roll.. just don't forget to cut the bumpstops! :D

BullShifter
08-17-2003, 12:55 AM
GR2's are OEM replacement parts. Spend the extra cash for KYB AGX's & go with Eibach or H&R. Tein is not so bad either

G-ealousy
10-15-2003, 11:24 AM
true, the Gr2's are OE swaps, but so are AGX's. They both have the same length shock body and rod as the OE shocks, neither are technically made for lowering springs, the AGX's are cool for lowering springs, but Tein S Techs are 30% stiffer then stock springs and the GR2's are 15% stiffer then stock shocks, so they dampen better then stock shocks with lowering springs, and are about the same as AGX's on a setting of 2... so the Gr2's aren't a bad option by any means...

BullShifter
10-15-2003, 06:00 PM
Hmmmmm . . .What car comes from the factory with KYB AGX shocks?

G-ealousy
12-27-2003, 05:51 PM
no, no car comes with them, I'm just sayin they are the same lenght as stock shocks (they aren't any shorter like a true lowering dampener would be) so they are meant to be swapped with the stock springs still in use...

BullShifter
12-27-2003, 07:22 PM
no, no car comes with them, I'm just sayin they are the same lenght as stock shocks (they aren't any shorter like a true lowering dampener would be) so they are meant to be swapped with the stock springs still in use...
oops I read your post wrong. That right AGX's are designed for stock ride height, max. drop of 1.5"

Add your comment to this topic!