Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Any Mclaren F1 available?

MacIta
11-06-2013, 05:49 AM
Hello all! Does anyone knows about an F1 potentially for sale or which can be forwarded a formal offer? PM, thank you.

cabrio92
11-07-2013, 04:38 PM
Are you Alberto ?

cabrio92
11-13-2013, 03:36 AM
Guys, don't forget to ask a comission if he is Alberto...

MacIta
11-13-2013, 05:23 AM
They got access to an F1! thanks anyway guys!

The Maslen Girl
11-16-2013, 03:43 AM
All F1's are owned, anyway even if you wanted one you need to go directly to McLaren, it is illegal to sell them privately and must be sold back to McLaren who then sell it on again to the next person on a list, They have a list of all the people who are good enough, want too and have the money to own one (your talking about £3.5 Million).

hurstg01
11-16-2013, 05:51 AM
Not quite true :)

I know of various dealers other than Mclaren who have sold F1's [notably Taylor & Crawley, Tom Hartley, ELMS Collection etc] -it won't be illegal to sell one outside of Mclaren otherwise all these need to be doing some time inside.

If you can find an F1 for as cheap as £3.5m I'll be first in line please :p

I'll let others chirp in to correct some more.... :)

Peloton25
11-16-2013, 03:19 PM
Emily - McLaren have an internal brokerage operation that does handle some of the reselling of these cars but this is neither legislated or mandatory. I think it would be fair to say the percentage of that activity as it relates to the total number of F1 transactions has declined as time has gone on and the cars have passed through multiple sets of hands.

Approaching McLaren to express an interest might be a good method for any potential buyer of one of these cars as the factory obviously are in contact with most or all of the current owners, but it is hardly the only method to buy one of these cars.

Many of the owners have preferred brokers they like to work with and the most typical transaction seems to happen privately via this worldwide network of individuals. We've also seen plenty of these cars appear for sale at retail locations around the world from the UK to the USA to Germany, Japan and Singapore. We've also seen a number of them sold publicly through auctions by Christies, Bonhams, RM and Gooding.

>8^)
ER

Sami Aaltonen
11-17-2013, 09:34 AM
I think after Monterey's auction; you can ask of any F1 close to 7-8 million I think.... Who will sell the car less than that if someone has got 7-8 million price of it....

Add your comment to this topic!