Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Turn Signals

DJ RaYgU
06-17-2003, 12:51 AM
Sup Y'all? I'm a nooB at car modeling (and a new member here). So far I'm learning alot from this (nice job P-MAN!), but I havent been able to find something on painting the turn signals. Also... do you paint after you assemble the body or do u paint the bumpers and stuff separately? THanks for the help. Also...do any of you know how to use Frootyloops? (It's a techno creation program).

TheSyndicate
06-17-2003, 12:55 AM
Turn signal can be found as metallic amber. Basically metallic orange. Both testors and tamiya have it.

Adding the bumpers before or after painting depends solely on the style of the kit. Some require them to be put on after. It doesn't make a significant difference except that you have to do a lot of extra painting if you can't assemble the entire car first.

I've used fruity loops in the past. I just doodle around but lack any real musical talent. I love the orange theme by CygnusX, and that "Light again" song. :bigthumb:

Also, Welcome to AF! :ylsuper:

DJ RaYgU
06-17-2003, 01:15 AM
Thanks man!

DJ RaYgU
06-17-2003, 02:00 AM
If it works....cool
If it doesnt....damn

Dublinguy
06-17-2003, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by TheSyndicate
Turn signal can be found as metallic amber. Basically metallic orange. Both testors and tamiya have it.....

TheSyndicate,

Why would you use metallic paint, I thought using clear orange with the back of the lense or the body part painted silver would make it more realistic!!!!

Ciaran

Vric
06-17-2003, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Dublinguy

TheSyndicate,

Why would you use metallic paint, I thought using clear orange with the back of the lense or the body part painted silver would make it more realistic!!!!

Ciaran

:iagree:

true.. it's clear color and not metalic !

flyonthewall
06-17-2003, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by Dublinguy

TheSyndicate,

Ciaran

That's what i do!

Dublinguy
06-17-2003, 08:20 AM
Glad you guys agree, I thought I was going mad there for a moment. The metallic color would make it very unrealistic, where as the clear colors make it look more like the lense was molded in the correct color.

Ciaran

DJ RaYgU
06-20-2003, 01:43 AM
Do you paint the insides or the outsides of the lights? Thanks

chaos
06-20-2003, 01:56 AM
Paint the insides - more realistic. Also, you could use Bare Metal Foil or silver paint on the light recess (on the body of the car) and then attach the lights...even more realistic! :)

primera man
06-20-2003, 08:16 AM
This is what you need to be looking for.

tdoty
06-20-2003, 05:19 PM
Actually, Testors signal amber and turn signal red ARE metallic, and they work well. But, they work best for lenses molded into the bumpers, or backed with foil.

The reason for the metallic is to replicate the reflective properties of the lense. Even more realism can be added by topping off the metallic with a coat of Tamiya clear red or amber (depending on the lense you're painting). On cars with seperate lenses, paint the inside first with the clear color, then add a coat of the Testors metallic. The metallic adds just a bit more depth.

Just my opinion.

Tim D.
http://modelcartech.com

chaos
06-20-2003, 05:55 PM
Are your brush paints enamel? Is this simply to eliminate brush strokes or any other reason?

Sorry to hijack the thread DJ :smile:

Add your comment to this topic!