Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Integra Gsr vs Subaru 2.5 Rs

tano
06-16-2003, 07:33 PM
Hi,

Which car will win: 2001 Integra Gsr or Imprezza 2.5 Rs (Both stock) what rpm should i launch my gsr?

Thanx,
Tano

TatII
06-16-2003, 11:47 PM
a gsr would take the 2.5 RS. the 2.5 RS are kinda slow. on your integra launch at 2500-3000 grand, and just feather the clutch to controll wheelspin, then just shift away at redline. (since i'm not sure exactly where to shift on a v-tec but i would assume its near or at redline so you won't droop out of v-tec)

del
06-17-2003, 12:57 AM
actually, where you launch at depends on your grip and power to the wheels. if you launch too low on hondas (unless you have enough power going to the wheels through a turbo, sc, or nitrous), the car will bog and you'll lose. if you're basically stock, no major mods, i would launch at higher rpms, like around 4000-4500. again it depnds on your grip. if you have good tires you can drop the clutch faster. if you tend to spin a lot, try to feather it out more.

will this be on street tires or drag tires? at the track or on the street? take my car for example, i'm puttin down over 230hp to the wheels on my lude compared to 160whp stock. if i drop the clutch too high, all i'll do is spin all day long. even if i feather the clutch out. so i have to drop the clutch at a lower rpm. my car has enough power where i can launch at 2500-3000 and not bog down at the beginning. with some tire spin still but it's minimal compared to if i launch any higher. this is on street tires.

i'm not exactly sure where the fuel cut-off is on gsr's, but i would shift maybe 500 rpms right before your fuel cutoff. this isn't the same as redline remember. the prelude's fuel cutoff is like 8100rpms, redline is at 7400. w/ the vtec crossover point at 5200rpms, i shift at about 7600 to stay within that vtec range. that no longer applies in my case since i can control when vtec engages. most of my power is between 4500 and 7000, so i just try to keep the rpm needle within that range.

sorry for the long post. sometimes i just ramble on and on. back to the question, i agree with Tat, i say the gsr would win all things being equal.

kfoote
06-17-2003, 01:03 PM
I have to agree with del that there are a lot of factors in this one. On clean dry pavement and equal tires, up to about 35 mph, the 2.5 will be better because of the AWD, but above that the extra HP of the GSR will take over. The worse the conditions are, the better the 2.5 will do comparatively. The handling and braking of the two cars are close enough where the the deciding factor is usually the nature of the competition chosen.

tano
06-18-2003, 12:33 PM
Hi,

My Gsr has new Yokohama V rated A520 Tires
Also its not a street race, its a drag race at a professional drag strip ( starting from rest),
Any other info on how i should launch my gsr??

Thanx,
Tano

Add your comment to this topic!