Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1/24 DeLorean

Camber
06-16-2003, 04:47 PM
Does any manufacturer make the 85' (i think it was) Delorean? Thanks.

Veyron
06-16-2003, 04:56 PM
Polar lights and Aoshima make the Back To The Future series but no one does a stock version. :mad:

ZoomZoomMX-5
06-16-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Veyron
Polar lights and Aoshima make the Back To The Future series but no one does a stock version. :mad:

Yeah, but they did...I have a stock resin body/interior conversion for the Aoshima kit from All American Models in my stash for an eventual build:grinyes:

Veyron
06-16-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by ZoomZoomMX-5

Yeah, but they did...I have a stock resin body/interior conversion for the Aoshima kit from All American Models in my stash for an eventual build:grinyes:

Our other friend has one too, doesn't he? Are they still being produced?

Jay!
06-16-2003, 05:08 PM
I'm converting one of the Aoshima kits into a non-temporal version right now! :smile: With opening doors, of course!! :D

I was happy to see that the stock interior tub is accurat under some of the time machine crap, though the dash need a lot of clean up. the rear window, engine cover and louvers all need to be scratchbuilt.

Bob, any chance I could see how AAM handled those areas? :bigthumb:

flyonthewall
06-16-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by jay@af

Bob, any chance I could see how AAM handled those areas? :bigthumb:

Oooh yes, i'd like to see that too!

Ghost_9418
06-16-2003, 06:19 PM
I just saw a DeLorean in 1:1 for the first time the other day. Very interesting car.

ZoomZoomMX-5
06-16-2003, 07:32 PM
Okay Jay and Chris, here's the AAM resin conversion for the Aoshima kit. It's all your fault, I get the parts out and now I want to build it!:thefinger :wink:

http://images3.fotki.com/v26/photos/1/10258/17860/Deloreandash-vi.jpg
http://images3.fotki.com/v27/photos/1/10258/17860/Deloreanparts-vi.jpg

bah humbug
06-16-2003, 07:49 PM
Damn you! That looks so nice!

Trueno
06-17-2003, 02:19 AM
*droooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolz*

Jay!
06-17-2003, 03:40 AM
Okay Jay and Chris, here's the AAM resin conversion for the Aoshima kit. It's all your fault, I get the parts out and now I want to build it!:thefinger :wink: Thank you kindly!!

Very nice, about what I expected, but what about the rear window? That seems to me like it'll be the most complex part to build and fit...

sausage
06-17-2003, 05:02 AM
Got a question.. what's that thing next to the rear window slats?

flyonthewall
06-17-2003, 05:28 AM
Okay Jay and Chris, here's the AAM resin conversion for the Aoshima kit. It's all your fault, I get the parts out and now I want to build it!:thefinger :wink:

Ah you see, you have made the first step - taking it from your closet and placing on the modeling desk - build it!

Man, that looks real nice, this is one of those models that just managed to completely slip by me. I've wanted to build a model of my dream car for years, i started on a conversion some years back but gave up coz didn't have the right skills at the time. More recently i've wanted to do my own transkit and penciled it onto my list of projects. This is whetting my appetite again, I may have to go over the pencil with ink now!:biggrin:

ZoomZoomMX-5
06-17-2003, 05:41 AM
Very nice, about what I expected, but what about the rear window? That seems to me like it'll be the most complex part to build and fit...
Won't be difficult, there's an edge inside the body to glue a flat piece of clear to make the rear glass.

Got a question.. what's that thing next to the rear window slats?
That's the engine cover, it goes underneath the slats behind the rear window. It fits perfectly.

Ah you see, you have made the first step - taking it from your closet and placing on the modeling desk - build it!
At least the paint job won't be too bad! Prime, paint bumpers, mask bumpers, sand primer leaving some fine sanding marks, apply Alclad stainless steel w/a bit of flat clear to protect it....no buffing required! The interior/chassis are dead simple. But I didn't need this right now!:biggrin2:

Add your comment to this topic!