Page updated on 11-19-2017

Aristo rear bumper help

Mr Plumb
10-26-2013, 09:50 PM
Hey guys, I am building an Aoshima Vertex Aristo and I'm struggling to get my head around how you fit the rear bumper to make it look flush etc. I've searched all the WIPs and can't find any details.

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated :)

Mr Plumb
11-20-2013, 12:46 PM
Any help guys?

Looks like I'm going have to scratch the rear bumper for the "oem" look

blubaja
11-24-2013, 09:19 PM
You have to cut the bumper on the body, where the body kit one needs to line up, glue, and fill any seams. You probably have to narrow the body kit bumper a little also. It was a bad design on aoshimas part, unfortunately.

Mr Plumb
11-24-2013, 10:29 PM
You have to cut the bumper on the body, where the body kit one needs to line up, glue, and fill any seams. You probably have to narrow the body kit bumper a little also. It was a bad design on aoshimas part, unfortunately.

Awesome stuff thank you very much :)

willimo
11-24-2013, 11:41 PM
I don't have this kit but from what blubaja was explaining to me, it's a lot like the Fujimi kits of the same period. I have the Fujimi Mugen ITR and I had the same problem.

The fancy bumper is too wide, because they intend it to be glued on over the factory stock bumper. So what I had to do on this kit was cut off the factory bumper, and narrow the Mugen bumper to fit. I had to cut the Mugen bumper in three places to avoid mangling the details. Once in the middle, and again on each side outside of the vents. I filed the bumper down, effectively narrowing it, and glued it all together on the body, and filled the seams with putty. In these pictures you can kinda see how I cut the new bumper, the lines are faint but there. It will take a little planning and a lot of care, but you can make the "aftermarket" bumper fit like it's supposed to.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v417/willimo/bumperseams1_zps824b7ab3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v417/willimo/bumperseams2_zps6f97e723.jpg

Mr Plumb
11-25-2013, 02:41 PM
Ah i see thank you for the photos too, makes it a lot easier to understand :)

Will have to have a good look at it and see which is the best way to cut etc. Problem is its so cold here in the UK now that modelling is having to take a back seat as I can't spray indoors :(

Add your comment to this topic!