Buying a Car as a foreigner?

06-13-2003, 04:56 AM
Hello Everyone,

I am a student from the Netherlands and I am going to study in Canada for about six months. I am thinking about buying a car in Canada. Does anyone know if this is possible for someone who is from outside Canada?Do I need a permanent residence for example? Because the first 6 weeks I am going to travel a lot. I have no idea about how this works in Canada and what the rules are. So I hope somenone of you might be able to help me!



07-07-2003, 09:58 PM
mostly it depends on the province... You should be able to buy a car but u need a license. In ontario, u can drive with ur license for 60 days, after that u must go and register for a Class G license. You will have to take a vision/health test and knowledge test. You will get a Level 2 license and then take a road test to get your full license. Its messed up with all these levels, but thats how it is in Ont. It might be different in other provinces. Hope this helps :bigthumb:

07-07-2003, 09:59 PM
damn just noticed this thread is almost a month old :mad:

Add your comment to this topic!