Lebaron electricial problem

laurib
10-25-2013, 05:57 PM
I have a 1988 Lebaron with a 2.5 engine that stopped running. It will turn over and all seems ok, such as the pump runs and all lights work,battery is good. There is spark at the coil for 1 second when the key is turned on and there is fire from the coil wire to the distributor for 1 spark only then nothing until the key is turned of and start the sequence over again. I have cleaned all the contacts and connections and relays and checked several fusabl links and all seemed okay. I suspect the asd relay,does anyone know if the asd causes this type of problem.Thanks in advance for any help . Laurib

jamesslcx
11-01-2013, 03:35 PM
laurib, have you figured out the problem yet? Yes the asd relay can cause a no start condition.

laurib
11-01-2013, 05:54 PM
I am awaiting delivery of a pick up coil,the asd relay apparently will also disable the fuel pump but my pump works so it throws doubt on the asd. I have checked the fuse links and all seems ok so the next thing to look at is the pick up coil,if it is not the problem at least I will know it is good. Many thanks for the reply...laurib

jamesslcx
11-04-2013, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the tip and let us know how it turns out. Good luck.

laurib
11-07-2013, 06:06 PM
:) At last,my pick up coil arrived,installed same and started engine,ran like new.Laurib.

Add your comment to this topic!