Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

exhaust too low???

strodda
06-12-2003, 04:45 PM
im having a problem here. i went to midas to get one of the pipe held up with a bracket and they told me i have the wrong system, but its not. i checked the serial on the canister and verified it with apex's site. does anyone else have the ws catback? is it possible to flip the midsection around and have the resonator to the rear of the car? im confused as hell why its like that.

http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/13465131.jpg

accordztech
06-12-2003, 05:08 PM
is that a one piece bolt on? if not and its 2 piece then that back piece is on backwards. if u can tell it is sticking down, that first pipe from the CAT is too short....it needs to be longer and that part is backwards.

my friend was helping me doing a gsr, i put a tanabe exaust in and for some reason it looked like urs and stuck out the back like 4 inches. i yelled at my friend and turned it around and it fit perfect...

if u can, call apexi and ask them what one is for your car, sometimes peoples sites arent correct all the time. if not then it may be a defect.

strodda
06-12-2003, 05:30 PM
well i looked around some more and it is the correct system. and the mid section cant be flipped around, because after the s-curve the lengths are different.

and the entire thing came in 3 pieces. the first one is a short piece that goes right after the cat, and has two brackets. then theres the middle piece which is in the pic. and the third is just the muffler. i was able to adjust it a little bit by loosening the rear section and pushing up on the mid before tighening. but it is still too low. i guess i just have to watch out for speed bumps. because other than that, it wont ever hit the ground.

accordztech
06-12-2003, 10:32 PM
i wouldnt roll like that. try this. take off ur muffler and then change the bushings under the car to see if that makes a difference. maybe u got a longer header or something thats why its doing that...im not sure....is it possible to take a pic of the whole thing so i can see?

Add your comment to this topic!