Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

uk modelers...local shows

simdel1
06-12-2003, 11:37 AM
are there any shows in the uk, preferably near birmingham during the summer holiday up until the end of september...or later

i did read on some web site about one in sutton coldfield, but i cant remember where i found the info. has anyone else heard about this show.

i want to go for 2 reasons: on eto look at the stuff thats there, get ideas and to buy stuff. the second reason is that i want to show my model off...maybe to enter it into a competition.

any help would be appreciated

flyonthewall
06-12-2003, 01:22 PM
You're too late, you missed the Halesowen show (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=104327&highlight=halesowen) in May. There is not much else worth bothering with around the midlands area now until September when the UK will have its first one day show for cars, bike and trucks (SAS will be there ofcourse!:smile: ). Its on the 20th in Telford, you can get all the details in Scale Models International magazine where you will also find a listing for all UK events. You can also get listings in Tamiya mag and the IPMS site (http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~ipmsuk/events.htm). The Naitionals, ie Scale Modelworld, in November is the only other event worth a visit this year, i'll be there too:wink:

simdel1
06-12-2003, 02:07 PM
yea, i knew about the Halesowen show, but it was too close to my exams.:frown:

ill probably try for the telford one in september...maybe the november one too if i have chance to build some more models.

thanx for the info:bigthumb:

Verminator
06-13-2003, 08:07 AM
You need to go to the Nationals in November the number of stalls selling models and club stands showing models is large, to walk round just for your first look will take a couple of hours, you will then spend a further couple of hours re looking at all the trade stands. If you go look up 'fly on the wall' (Chris scale auto style) he will probably be sharing the stand with Northwest car modelers. I will be on the Manchester IPMS stand so come and say hello :wave:

simdel1
06-13-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Verminator
You need to go to the Nationals in November the number of stalls selling models and club stands showing models is large, to walk round just for you first look will take a couple of hours, you will then spend a further couple of hours re looking at all the trade stands. If you go look up fly on the wall (Chris scale auto style) will pobable be sharing the stand with Northwest car modelers. I will be on the Manchester IPMS stand so come and say hello :wave:

i will...:bigthumb:

Add your comment to this topic!