Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

mr.color

Chia
06-12-2003, 09:30 AM
Hi,
I am usually a gundam builder, so i use the prefferred gundam modelers' paints, mr.color. I was just wondering if they are suitbale to use or cars? or should i just buy some tamiya?

The Lambrusco Kid
06-12-2003, 10:19 AM
Although I've never used them, I'm sure mr.color paint is just as good as Tamiya's paint.

Hasegawa kits are suggesting mr.color for painting.

Forhod
06-12-2003, 01:32 PM
Mr Colour is suitable for cars.. I am using it :)

Chia
06-12-2003, 02:17 PM
can you shine it up, with tamiya rubbing compound?:confused:

The Lambrusco Kid
06-12-2003, 03:38 PM
Once again, I've never tried it but I'm sure you can.

Originally posted by Chia
can you shine it up, with tamiya rubbing compound?:confused:

thizishkenny
06-12-2003, 06:16 PM
i'm sure you can because i used it too

RallyRaider
06-12-2003, 07:06 PM
I've recently started using Gunze Sangyo (GSI Creos) paints and have found them to be excellent when airbrushed. If posible use the Mr Super Color range as they give a much shiner finish than the regular colours. Or just get some reducer and mix a small amount in, it slows down the drying time and gives a better shine. I suspect the Super colours and self leveling thinners have this added already.

Their spray cans on the other hand don't seem to work as well as Tamiya ones, at least for me. Only tried them on relitively cold days though, might work better in the summer.

ae86_takumi
06-12-2003, 08:32 PM
I'm no expert at painting car kits but so far I found all Gunze Sangyo paints to be the best quality. The only problem is that it's hard to find a offline or online hobby shop that has a good stock of all colors.

Gunze paints are the best! Tamiya is almost as good.

Add your comment to this topic!