Page updated on 07-19-2018

should i hook up my car like this?

hatchinganegg
06-11-2003, 11:53 PM
kind of car: 93 CIVIC HATCH SI :: STUFF I ALL READY BOUGHT BUT DID NOT PUT IN :: AEM:fuelrail,powerpully,trutimecamgear,coldairinta kew/bypass. JACKSONRACINGcatalyticcon.,GREDDY:dualevoexaust,4-2-1 header, all the skunk2 suspention mods,aim bigbrake front(4piston) back reg b/b, and ... the real question is the following so be open minded:: pro hopper anodized dual pump (10 switch hydrolics),17" in black tenzo rims (not 14" or 9" or whatever) black widow II full body kit, black quantum tints. ok. now keep in mind all the bolt ons that come in red WILL BE in red which is 75%.man that was 11 g's hard earned.neway, and out of the 7 g's i have left over from the above i plan on getting a black w/red speckled paint job, j/r clutch,aluminum flywhell, shortshifter,and what ever i have the $ for cause i havent priced it yet. so with all the performance mods would the kit and hydros still turn a gurl off cause this i want and i would like to see if a gurl had my taste. ohh yeah i forgot about the smokey colored tight light (f/b) i ordered, forgot the names but they go perfect w/the black and red theme. :bloated:

hatchinganegg
06-12-2003, 12:05 AM
oh yeah if you wonder why hydros and effects... well the hydros cause i like my car slammed and my drive way is a 90degree slope to get to my garage to i wanna be able to lift it up plus they're kinda cool (to me) and for the black widow II, i like cars with body mods rather convertions or some of they kits and this one i really like especially the f/f.

hatchinganegg
06-12-2003, 12:13 PM
thanx alot g-racers. i'm guessing that most of you are too stuck up each others um... i feel that people should never think of what other people think. if you like ground effects more than a turbo and only have the money for one get the ground effects and screw what other people think. also i realized sence i'm so strong about my beliefs, i will get all that stuff and cram it all on. I wont be the fastest, but ill be able to hop at the light then beat most of the nubbies that think im just another ricer or whatever (especially when i drop that 7'gs). like i said thanks for helping me make my decision,sometimes you just need to look inside yourself ::riding on tha east-coast beaches, slidding avoiding all tha leaches:: :pimp:

heathershonda
06-12-2003, 12:48 PM
I think you should go at it...do whatever you want. If I had the money I would go for it !!

kandyintegra
06-12-2003, 02:37 PM
everything sounds cool but please consider this about the hydros...Strut cars with unibody designs were not intended for hydros...If you do decide for switches, dont run more than 36 volts...Im an old school lowrider at heart and i even put bags on imports...Not unless you arent planning on using your car as a daily driver...Then go for it

Holla if you have any questions...

FYI...Speckled paint is called a flake paint job or metallic paint job

hatchinganegg
06-12-2003, 02:54 PM
thanx, someone has there OWN opinion...... all i know is when i'm done it's going to be so sick people will :puke: neways, i see your from maryland, man i love baltimore, i have so many peeps up there. if i could i would go up there every weekend. neway... kandy integra, um... i plan on using my car for every day driving and i hoping there is away around not having the hydros. what exactly do you mean about strutcarsw/unibodydesigns, and what is bad about it. i hate to say it but all i know is how i want my hatch to look and that I got the money to get it there. as far as exe. i only can take your word for it so tell me wassup. :confused:

kandyintegra
06-12-2003, 03:14 PM
hydros on old school rides like impalas work well because they are full frame cars...Imports have a unibody frame and are very bad about bending the frame up when hitting switches

air bags are better for everyday driving cars and less stress on your frame..

If you look in my avatar, the 63 Impala was my last car i had...Switches are alotta fun but alot of up keep

Holla if you have any questions

Later
Mike

hatchinganegg
06-12-2003, 03:59 PM
oh my ggjiahgslkuga, im tired off buying they wrong stuff. prohopper better take em back (atleat they are still in the box). two more questions... why would air bags be any different then hydros (less destructive) when they do the same thing. and also. and can i still use my coil overs or does it take the place of the suspention? sorry one more thing, were is the best online store for airbags (cost/benifit)

kandyintegra
06-12-2003, 04:50 PM
air bags dont have the force the batteries from hydros have...you just have compressed air in a tank that the compressor has generated...

Strut cars are not intended for hydros

Master Image Customs
airbagit.com
Showtime Hydraulics
tndcustoms.com
All of these sites have very good bag kits for your car

These replace the suspension you have on your car

hatchinganegg
06-12-2003, 11:09 PM
i figured i can keep my strut bars but if i put on the airbags will i not need my sway bar any more?
:frown:

kandyintegra
06-13-2003, 10:47 AM
strut bar will still be able to stay on...sway bar could but really no need for it

94SolGrl
06-13-2003, 11:42 AM
I've only seen imports on bags.. not hydros.

And as for us being up each others.. umms.... this is not a hugely busy forum.. patience is a virtue, so sit and wait and we'll post up whenever we get around here. If you have a pressing issue, this is most likely not the place to post it.

hatchinganegg
06-13-2003, 01:39 PM
k, mabey you are right, the reason I chose this forum is cause i like to impress girls, so i wanted there opinion on if what i like they like (or dislike) to help me chose if i should do it. but then it got technical which is good cause i need experienced advise sence im going to put all this on myself (minus the engine swap). btw, doesn't it suck to be a lesbian? or are you mearly a guy trapped in a gurls body? opps... im assuming you are from the nature of your reply, are you or just bi, cause i know you have to be one.dont get me wrong, I have no problems with gurls being that way cause...... I LIKE GIRLS TOO!!! p.s. my most famous quote::"just don't get mad o.k.?":: :lol: :pimp:

speediva
06-16-2003, 01:58 PM
Sorry, but I've stayed out of this b/c I don't do things to my car to try and impress others. When/if I ever get anything "real" done to it, it will be for MY satisfaction. I just fail to understand the concept of trying to do things for the enjoyment of others.

hatchinganegg
06-16-2003, 04:46 PM
with all due respect. i want to do what i think looks good,see i just mearly want to get others opinion. mabey you didn't read the thread... neway, may i ask how can someone (who's not concided) can impress themselves?why do people buy 300 dollor jackets? well they think it looks good on them true... but if you think about it, why do they even care if it looks good on them? you may say so on this and other threads all you want but over all you make an image for youself BECAUSE of others. now if I want to make an image for myself (also because of others) unlike you i will try something i don't think looks good to impress different people. i have a very crazy/outgoing/flashy/outkast stlye but can be casual, contemperary, and formal if some i'm with perfers it cause my wardrobe is big enough to permit that. now, sence i dont have the money to have a wardrobe of cars i choose to make this fast AND flashy (my original/personal style) and wanted to get opinons on what people think. :biggrin: if you say you impress yourself, sorry but you want to make an image for other people (rather its your subconcience(likeyou)or not(like me) , its just the way it is.the difference between you and me aren't that i care what people think and you don't (cause after i make my decision i wont regret it or ever feel ashamed) it's just that im open to other people opinions on what looks good from a girls perspective. Ihope you understand this and realize im not dissing.

Modelcargarage
06-17-2003, 12:27 AM
hatchinganegg go with what you think is best truth fully i believe your car will be badass see i am putting switches in my geo prism and fuck what others say. All the power to you. man ppl diss on my geo but when we get to the line they see whats up man seriously do what you want if you wanna put wires on it do it if you wanna put monster truck tires and rims on there do it lol just do what is in your heart

dnyflyby
06-17-2003, 03:47 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOO not the speckled paint. Just do black.

hatchinganegg
06-19-2003, 12:09 AM
but i want to do the whole red and black theme... im even going to get red and black katzkin interior and momo it out in red. black with red pearl? or black with red glitter?

hatchinganegg
06-19-2003, 12:10 AM
POLL: black with red pearl or black with red glitter. :confused:

Prelude_12180
06-19-2003, 01:26 AM
I dont want to afend anyone! But Personally I think that a Jet Black paint with the pearl will look awesome! I'am not to big of a fan of glitter and flake I like metallic paints but not Glitter like you see on the older cars like impalas and cadilacs! :bananadie :bananadie

dnyflyby
06-19-2003, 06:06 AM
if your goona put the red in your paint i would do the pearl but either way you will probably get a pink color. it wont be a true red. i would still go with straight black with extra coats of clear coat trust me it looks beautiful. i like the clean look. you could get a red carbon fiber hood, get the mugen wheels with the red lip(i forget what they are called).

speediva
06-19-2003, 12:07 PM
Solid black, man. It's so much sexier. You can detail with the red elsewhere, but solid black. Besides, it'll be easier to match paint whenever you buy new parts if you go just solid black.

hatchinganegg
06-19-2003, 01:18 PM
i think you guys ... gurls got a point. black on black pearl :confused:

hatchinganegg
06-19-2003, 01:19 PM
opps, i forgot, but i'm sure there is a way to have pearl black with a nice red combo with out making it look pink.

Add your comment to this topic!