Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

GRR. So upset please help!!!!!

Jessica4247
10-21-2013, 10:35 AM
:confused: So I always get screwed on any vehicle that I have ever bought or had work done on!! So I recently brought a 2005 Doge Durango of the side of the road because I was desperate because both my car and van broke down with in a few days of each other. Well I have had this stupid thing that I paid 5,000 for and I noticed that there is oil coming out of the exhaust pipe and when ever I start the vehicle up it blows whitish/gray smoke out of the exhaust pipe also.... Can someone please tell what is causing this :banghead::confused::crying:

Tinovolpe
11-08-2013, 03:00 PM
Jessica,

Surprised noone has responded. Oil and white smoke out the tailpipe is never a good thing. Blue smoke usually means your buring oil. White smoke means your getting coolant into your cylinders via a head gasket problem. So it could be a couple of things, non of them good. Bad rings on your pistons, bad valves or valve guides if it is just oil. Through in a bad head gasket and you'll get coolant too. Can you smell antifreeze out the tailpipe or does it just smell like burning oil.

Add your comment to this topic!