Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2004 cts tc light

msca1627
10-17-2013, 12:43 PM
hello my cts traction control light comes on sometimes in the dash and information center says service brake assist and service engine and if you restart the car they go off and sometimes 1or2or maybe 30 miles before it comes back on.the only light comes on in dash is tc no abs or brake light I tried unplugging the wheel sensors to see what lights that I got and it was tc and abs together.so I think wheel sensors are fine. im wondering what else could it be. thanks

gmtech1
10-17-2013, 01:51 PM
hello my cts traction control light comes on sometimes in the dash and information center says service brake assist and service engine and if you restart the car they go off and sometimes 1or2or maybe 30 miles before it comes back on.the only light comes on in dash is tc no abs or brake light I tried unplugging the wheel sensors to see what lights that I got and it was tc and abs together.so I think wheel sensors are fine. im wondering what else could it be. thanks

Without knowing the codes, it's pretty difficult to lead you in the correct direction. Need to have the codes read with a capable scanner.

msca1627
10-17-2013, 05:08 PM
Without knowing the codes, it's pretty difficult to lead you in the correct direction. Need to have the codes read with a capable scanner.
is that something that autozone can do or the dealer only what kind of code reader do you need obd2 thanks I will try to get codes thanks

gmtech1
10-17-2013, 07:46 PM
is that something that autozone can do or the dealer only what kind of code reader do you need obd2 thanks I will try to get codes thanks

Autozone most likely cannot read the codes. A scanner capable of reading ABS codes is needed. Feel free to call them and check for sure, but you probably need to take it to a shop.

msca1627
10-24-2013, 12:07 PM
Autozone most likely cannot read the codes. A scanner capable of reading ABS codes is needed. Feel free to call them and check for sure, but you probably need to take it to a shop.
I took it 2 advance auto and they checked and it was a po318 rough road sensor .

gmtech1
10-24-2013, 01:32 PM
I took it 2 advance auto and they checked and it was a po318 rough road sensor .

P0318 is a start and can be set by a wheel speed sensor as the ECM monitors wheel speed as part of it's misfire data. If the Traction Control light came on, there should be a code stored in the EBCM. The parts stores usually cannot read EBCM data. There may be a speed sensor code stored.

Add your comment to this topic!