Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

replacing carpet with bedliner?

jaxle
06-11-2003, 09:46 AM
I've been thinking, the carpet in my civic's all nasty from the relentless winters of tracking in dirt and thought maybe taking it out and putting some kind of flooring in thts easier to clean and is still nice. The only thing i can think of is bedliner stuff for trucks. Does anyone else think this is a good idea?

AirAllen01
06-11-2003, 11:26 AM
Well it's not too bad, but if you could get some kind of rubber (vinyl or something of the sort) flooring to match your color that might be better.

jaxle
06-11-2003, 08:30 PM
my car is black, interiors grey, black bedliner would be fine

im not to concerned about looks anyway, just getting rid of nasty carpet and speed! :)

too bad my car is slow :/

AirAllen01
06-11-2003, 10:59 PM
I didn't mean it would look bad, it doesn't look bad at all. If you do go with a spray in, then look for either Rhino or Line-X. They are the best and last the best.:smile:

TheNotoriousMogg
06-12-2003, 11:46 AM
I would say bedliner is a cool idea actually...

wow the first non negative thing I have posted all day...1 point for me ;)

jaxle
06-12-2003, 01:02 PM
haha, i just thot of a problem tho, is there anything under the carpet that would need to be accessed for repairs? It wouldnt be that hard to work around tho hopefully.

60hz163.5db
06-12-2003, 06:24 PM
are you planning to cut out the existing carpet? IF not i would check to see if the liner will dry or adhere to the carpet material. They do make pleated stainless floor mats which always look cool, specially if you get em airbrushed.

jaxle
06-12-2003, 09:15 PM
yea im definately planning on taking it out, it still is holding moisture from winter, its all damp on the underside :/

where can i find these pleated mats?

sparq
06-17-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by 60hz163.5db
are you planning to cut out the existing carpet? IF not i would check to see if the liner will dry or adhere to the carpet material. They do make pleated stainless floor mats which always look cool, specially if you get em airbrushed.
You dont spray bedliner material OVER carpet - it would have to go onto the metal or it wouldnt bond right.

I say go for it

Add your comment to this topic!