Page updated on 09-22-2017

CX5 2.5 VS Subaru Forester XT VS Hyundai Sante Fe Sport

timgt5
10-13-2013, 04:50 AM
Hi, first post here.

I currently have a 2008 Passat wagon with just a hair over 50K miles on it, and I am looking to replace it in a couple of years.

I do not have kids or pets, so I do not need anything really big with three rows. I do a lot of gardening and landscaping, requiring a need for some substantial cargo space ( I live 20 minutes from the nearest Lowes) so I am looking at some different small crossovers.

I sat in a Ford Escape, but felt the center console was too wide, leaving me in a less than comfortable driving position so off the list it had to come.

Honda has left me a bit cold lately, and the CRV feels a bit dated. As for the RAV I lost interest when Toyota yanked the V6 for 2013-Not to mention that Toyota really does not know how to do suspensions they tend to be either too "marshmellowy" or brittle without the benefit of superior agility.

I really like the idea of the Forester XT, a punchy performer that can haul a lot. The Mazda seems to have great driving dynamics and the Santa Fe sport a comfortable cruiser.

Have any of you test driven these back to back? Opinions would be great.

Add your comment to this topic!