Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

88 s10 blazer 2.8 tbi. HELP!

D.Boatman
10-12-2013, 07:02 PM
Hello, I am new to this site, forums all together really so please have patience with me. Anyway I have a 88 s10 blazer that will not start, I've replaced fuel pump, filter, charcoal canister, also the rotor, cap, plug wires, module, pick up coil and ignition coil. Before I changed the pickup, it would start till it warmed up then die, wouldn't start again unless I gave it gas, if I held it steady the rpm would fluctuate but stay running till I let go of the throttle. Now that I've replaced the pickup coil it turns over, I do have spark but it will not start, thank you for your time and any ideas would be greatly appreciated
UPDATE: bought a code reader all I'm getting is code 12 wich is no distributor signal to ecm. Like I said I e replaced both the mudule and pick up coil. Any ideas what could be wrong?

82Stang
10-13-2013, 07:47 PM
You could spray some carb cleaner down the throttle body then try starting. If it helps, then you have a fuel issue.

D.Boatman
10-14-2013, 08:54 PM
I tried the starter fluid with the same result, I can see the fuel spraying from the I injectors so I really think it's not a fuel issue. I've got spark, (believe it or not considering im getting a code 12 stating i dont have distributor signal to the ecm) fuel and compression for sure, and on the timing I set it top dead center and set the distributor pointing at the number one plug, and still nothing, if my timing is off, it would at least try, right? And back fire ? Thank you for your time

Add your comment to this topic!