Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Looking into a 2008/2009 Grand Caravan SE

olliek
10-09-2013, 03:05 PM
Hi - had to throw the towel on my windstar and need a new car asap. after scouring autotrader, most of the (affordable) options coming up are 08 and some 09 Grand Caravan. I am little bit hesitant as I read on edmunds that dependability is an issue. Any word of advice or comment? Thanks!!!

RIP
10-10-2013, 04:56 PM
Plug them in here and see what they say. This is a newer ratings sight that shows some promise. http://www.truedelta.com/car-reliability

All minivans have their share of problems. You can pay through the nose for a Sienna or Odyssey with fewer options or pay a little less for a loaded Caravan/T&C. If you're a "Buy American" type both the Sienna and Odyssey are built in the USA whereas the Caravan/T&Cs are built in Canada (as of 09 ish). I own a 96 Dodge Caravan with 212k miles. Bought it new in 95. Besides the normal items I've changed the radiator, replaced a seal in the tranny and changed the starter. It has never failed to get me from point A to B. It runs like a top and has gotten me the same 23/24 highway mpg throughout. It's too damned versatile and dependable to get rid of so it will be in my driveway for some time to come.

Add your comment to this topic!