Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Lowering 85 300ZX

krazzie_bum
06-10-2003, 12:10 AM
I have an 85 300ZX I want to know if i drop it for aboout an1" drop do I still need a camber correction kit, has anyone done it?

NIVO88T
06-21-2003, 02:44 AM
yes, you will need a rear camber kit....

what springs are you getting?

krazzie_bum
06-21-2003, 08:29 AM
I was thinking of putting a Suspension Techniques, but I saw another brand called Intrax and it drops about 1.5". Do you think that camber kit will still work if I drop the car that much? What about the front don't I need one?

NIVO88T
06-21-2003, 11:50 AM
here's the scoop....

Intrax springs will lower your car nicely, but they are known to sag after awhile on the rear.

Here are some springs that work nicely on the Z31:

1. Eibach-lowest amount of drop, .8" progressive

2. Suspension Techniques-approximate drop-1", these are Linear springs.

3.B&G spring-1.6" drop, Progressive springs

4.Whiteline Suspension-1.8" drop, biggest drop,these are Progressive springs.nice and tight rear springs.

you can get the ST springs really cheap from JC Whitney....

Also the Eibachs can be had for a nice price at www.shox.com(RD Enterprises),they also stock B&G there.

whiteline suspension springs have to be imported from Australia if no one in the USA has them...

it's best to get a camber kit for the rear for the biggest drops i suggest 1.5 degree camber kit.

the front camber is adjustable to a point.

krazzie_bum
06-22-2003, 06:29 PM
Thanx for the info you gave me. What about the camber kits can you suggest where can I get one with good quality of course and in reasonable price. there's one I know, www.zcarparts.com .

bruus
06-25-2003, 08:07 AM
Any pics of camber kit installation... I got one ( from Motorsport ) but don't know how to get it on place :confused: ...sorry, off topic

NIVO88T
06-26-2003, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by bruus
Any pics of camber kit installation... I got one ( from Motorsport ) but don't know how to get it on place :confused: ...sorry, off topic

ask on www.z31.com the guys there might have writtewn instructions!

Add your comment to this topic!