Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Can anyone explain this phenomenon?

guitarman1103
09-27-2013, 04:27 PM
So, long story kinda short... here is the deal

I used to have an Audiobahn 12" Powered sub installed in my 2011 Hyundai Tucson.
Took a sharp turn one day, ripped the wires right out of the sub, and didn't really feel like fixing it, it took up so much space in my car anyway.

So the wires that existed before for the Audiobahn remained in tact, but unused...

I just recently found a sweet little 8" Dual powered sub on Amazon, had it shipped to me, and tried to use the wires that had been used on my Audiobahn... Here's where things get crazy

It was bumping fine and sounding good, then all the sudden, my check engine light came on, my engine starting REALLY stuttering bad, and idling super rough. So I was like, It must not be getting power. (all this happened while driving) So I'm on the interstate, and my engine is lurching into gear, running strange with the check engine light on... Then, I tried to set my cruise control and it INSTANTLY shut off, made a clicking noise, and with the engine still running I could no longer press the gas pedal. Well, I could press it but nothing happened...

SO I pulled over somehow, disconnected everything, including negative side of the battery, and the new sub, reconnected the negative side of the battery with no sub connected and everything went back to normal, and the check engine light went off...

Basically I need to know what the heck to do... I'm so confused! Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you so much for anyones time!

-Chad

PaulD
10-02-2013, 09:37 AM
Sounds like it was connected wrong and/or pulling too much power. I don't think I will be able to troubleshoot something like this over the internet.

Add your comment to this topic!