Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

couldnt resist buying this!!!

chrismcgee
06-09-2003, 06:30 PM
well the model devil struck again, he took out my wallet and made me buy this!!!! and i think its gonna be built boz stock, maybe try and order a photo etch kit, but probably wont, hmmm now have 7 inprogress!!

chrismcgee
06-09-2003, 06:34 PM
plus here is a pic of the GTO, its got a coat of halfords vauxhaul ceramic blue on it, i gave it 6 coats so far, gonna put 4 coats of clear on it soon, then polish, it up. gonna strip all the chrome plating from the grill etc and use alclad i think, to keep it looking real. dont u think the pearl in the paint is nice in this scale! almost like the hologram flakes you can add to the real paint:icesangel

Sidewinder-03
06-09-2003, 06:40 PM
Enzo......Who could resist!!:wink:
Great score, dude!!:bigthumb:

Sweet job on the "Goat".:smile:

CaddyOn32s
06-09-2003, 07:00 PM
Cool:smile:

primera man
06-09-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by chrismcgee
well the model devil struck again, he took out my wallet and made me buy this!!!! and i think its gonna be built boz stock, maybe try and order a photo etch kit, but probably wont, hmmm now have 7 inprogress!!

"AF Will not be held responsible for other member going into dept"

We did try and warn you this site was bad for your pocket :lol: :lol: :lol:

ljrlude01
06-09-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by primera man

"AF Will not be held responsible for other member going into dept"

We did try and warn you this site was bad for your pocket :lol: :lol: :lol:

lol P-man you speak the truth I have about 20 kits now seating in my closet all of them bough within last 2 months.

those are nice kit though :bigthumb: good buys, I have the enzo and it's probably going to be one of my last project to make sure it comes out good.

bah humbug
06-09-2003, 07:35 PM
Is that the AMT 1965 GTO. :frown:

I'm working on the same kit, but the bad thing is i've got to strip mine.

Painted in Telefonica blue. now I'm gonna paint it Tamiya blueviolet.

Murray Kish
06-09-2003, 08:31 PM
I got the 'Enzo' about 3 weeks ago, but I haven't opened it yet. I'm afraid that if I do, I'll immediately put all other projects on 'hold' and focus all remaining efforts (what little there is) on the Enzo. Might not be such a bad thing, but I think I'd like to finish a few others first. Besides, I'm not totally confident in my 'skills' yet, so a little extra practice won't hurt.

Murray

chrismcgee
06-10-2003, 03:29 AM
yes it is the amt "xxx" 67 pontiac gto, it has some extras from the standard kit such as side exit exhausts and is slammed to the ground!
gonna have to make it look better tho, alclad all the chrome bits etc, but with the ferrari i am in the process of ordering from ferrari the actual enzo paint, gonna be about £50 for about 50ml tho!!!:dogpile:

exhaust smoke
06-10-2003, 04:18 AM
At least the modelling devil made you buy a decent kit:devil:

Have fun building Tamiya's masterpiece.

chrismcgee
06-10-2003, 06:14 AM
does anyone in the uk sell the photo etch kit for the enzo? i realy cant be bothered ordering from japan:dogpile:

joecwlaw
06-10-2003, 06:33 AM
model devil struck me all the time. the way I use to minimize the "IMPACT" :bananadie to my wallet is to keep the $$ level in wallet just enough for 1-2 days spending on food, travel...etc

so no extra $$ to buy kits......:biggrin2:

however, I bought 4 kits this week, damn it. I am gonna to have bread :1zhelp: for lunch for the whole week :wtf:

exhaust smoke
06-10-2003, 06:34 AM
I think Grand Prix Models do it. They are in the UK. Here's their web address:

www.grandprixmodels.com

Did you buy the kit in the UK? Was it expensive?

Forhod
06-10-2003, 06:56 AM
Hey!! This time watch after your wallet.. and pocket.. :biggrin2: :iceslolan

chrismcgee
06-10-2003, 07:37 AM
ok just went to grand prix models, they didnt have a enzo photo etch kit but they did have a sale on!!! am now the proud owner of another skyline r34 and another 350z!! oops, the devil got me again, and i kinda now have an sas transkit for both, a cwest 350z, and a cwest r34!!!! well i have bugger all self restraint! and now 9 bloody in progress models, the total for this month is 6 models:bloated:

joecwlaw
06-10-2003, 07:44 AM
nice choice, dude. :bigthumb:

chrismcgee
06-10-2003, 08:52 AM
well seeing as studio 27 doesnt make a photo etch kit for the enzo are there any other companys that might?:bigthumb:

SupercarFreak
06-10-2003, 08:59 AM
well seeing as studio 27 doesnt make a photo etch kit for the enzo are there any other companys that might?:bigthumb:

here is my Studio27 Enzo kit, it's fantastic. I also have Acu Stions, and have a Scale Motorsports one preordered.

SupercarFreak
06-10-2003, 09:00 AM
Acu Stion's

chrismcgee
06-10-2003, 09:03 AM
now im gonna cry, they didnt have it at all at the grandprixmodels site, hmm where isi you get yurs from, is that a grey coating on the plate? looks great, mmmmmmmmmmmmm metal bits:icesangel

SupercarFreak
06-10-2003, 09:06 AM
i got the Studio27 from hlj.com and the AcuStion from http://www.racingresin.com/index.htm

there is no coating, it's pure metal, baby

BTW, you will LOVE the enzo, here's my engine http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=102278&highlight=enzo

chrismcgee
06-10-2003, 10:01 AM
wow they all look great but i dont like that metal engine, looks worse than jus the standard plastic!!! i am gonna probably keep mine stock, but i realy want the mesh set, it looks so so good, and the brakes:dogpile:

SupercarFreak
06-10-2003, 10:08 AM
wow they all look great but i dont like that metal engine, looks worse than jus the standard plastic!!! i am gonna probably keep mine stock, but i realy want the mesh set, it looks so so good, and the brakes:dogpile:

i agree 100%!!!

i LOVE my brakes :eek2:

chrismcgee
06-10-2003, 10:14 AM
that look sbloody brilliant, cant wait to start, but am gonna have to finnish a couple of projects before i do tho!:icesangel

exhaust smoke
06-10-2003, 10:17 AM
they didnt have it at all at the grandprixmodels site

Unfortunately Chris, if you want that stuff now, you'll have to order it from abroad, as it is not out here yet (it works out a little cheaper to order from Japan).

chrismcgee
06-10-2003, 10:39 AM
but im impatiant, boo hoo, anyone in the uk wanna sell their one?:dogpile:

SupercarFreak
06-10-2003, 11:12 AM
that look sbloody brilliant, cant wait to start, but am gonna have to finnish a couple of projects before i do tho!:icesangel

haha, im buying a 1/8 F40 so this Enzo probably wont be finished for a longgg time :biggrin:

chrismcgee
06-11-2003, 02:40 AM
that should be a sweet model to build, do you know what the detail on the kit is like? should be good for adding lots of detail to?:bigthumb:

Bloodhound
06-11-2003, 02:47 AM
I have (I think) about 7 cars I haven't even touched yet - they were the last ones in the store and I drove for an hour to get there, so my mother demanded I buy something(she paid too, fine with me!) but the problem is I got a crapload of models now :mad: DAMN YOU SATANIC MODELLING DEMON!!! :icesangel

Purpura Delujo
06-11-2003, 03:03 AM
Damn, wish I had that much money to spend on models :frown:

GTO is looking great! You should make it a lowrider, the lowrider style would really suit the paint that is on it!

chrismcgee
06-11-2003, 03:48 AM
it is gonna be as low as the arches can take!!!!! it has a realy easy axle system, so its just a case of a new hole to lower! nice, gonna put a few coats of clear on it then polish it up, put the chrome side exit exhausts on too!!! cant wait to get it going so to speak, may do some work tonight:dogpile:

Mopar Marc
06-11-2003, 01:35 PM
I know what you mean about the "model devil", he is the reason why I have over 100 kits waiting to be built right now. As a matter of fact, he is the reason why I bought 5 kits at the last Hobby Lobby 1/2 off sale a couple of weeks ago. BTW-ear plugs don't help either lol.

Marc

subyfanatic
06-11-2003, 03:24 PM
Damn Model Devil, I have a whole lot of kits that are unstarted and don't know which to choose. I just ordered 12 more from HLJ two days ago. :comprage1

E

Add your comment to this topic!