Page updated on 11-19-2017

Fujimi Porsche 911 (964) with full chassis?

mattbacon
09-21-2013, 05:54 PM
A question for you Porsche enthusiasts. Is there a Fujimi kit of a 964-era 911 that has an "Enthusiast Model" equivalent chassis? I've been playing mix and match with my various kits to create a Singer 911, and it looks like I need a proper 964, if I am to get a detailed suspension. I have a Carrera 2 that will do at a pinch (with much more adjusting of the chassis) or I could build it on an earlier chassis with swing-arm rear suspension, assuming no one will notice. The problem is that the wheels I need are set up with the EM suspension (which has detailed hubs) in mind, and the wheels that pair with the Carrera 2 chassis have tubular hubs with poly-caps instead. What I really need is a 964 chassis with detailed brakes, hubs, and suspension...

Any ideas?

bestest,
M.

hirofkd
09-22-2013, 08:16 PM
A question for you Porsche enthusiasts. Is there a Fujimi kit of a 964-era 911 that has an "Enthusiast Model" equivalent chassis? I've been playing mix and match with my various kits to create a Singer 911, and it looks like I need a proper 964, if I am to get a detailed suspension. I have a Carrera 2 that will do at a pinch (with much more adjusting of the chassis) or I could build it on an earlier chassis with swing-arm rear suspension, assuming no one will notice. The problem is that the wheels I need are set up with the EM suspension (which has detailed hubs) in mind, and the wheels that pair with the Carrera 2 chassis have tubular hubs with poly-caps instead. What I really need is a 964 chassis with detailed brakes, hubs, and suspension...

Any ideas?

bestest,
M.
There's no detailed 964 chassis, but mounting the EM style wheel on the simplified 964 chassis should be easier than the other way around.
If you're just using the wheels, you'll have to fabricate the hub and hub mount from plastic sheet, but if you have other parts, you should be able to graft the whole hub assembly to the 964's swing arm part A3.
The question is whether 964's chassis has enough space for the wheel, tire and hub that you want to use. You might have to cut a portion of the chassis.

Added: I completely forgot about Italeri 964 Turbo, but the situation doesn't seem any better than Fujimi's 964.

Dexter Models
09-25-2013, 07:30 PM
Sorry, I can't help you for chassis parts.
But If you need it to make your own decals, I have the "Singer" logo in vector file. :wink:

Add your comment to this topic!