Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Headlights wont turn on 2001 LeSabre

MrPants
09-17-2013, 06:37 AM
I don't know whats going on. I thought my headlights were bad, I replaced headlights. But, they don't turn on when its dark and manually turning them on does nothing either. Brights won't flash BUT they run during the day... So I have new head lights and it seems the light sensor is working since I tested it and when there's light they turn on. Not sure if the relays in fuse panel under hood are good, I haven't had a chance to switch them out. I don't know if that would even be the problem

Tech II
09-17-2013, 09:36 AM
You are in for a joy ride......

In the old days, the light switch provided power directly to the headlights.....on this car, you have a lamp control module, Dash Integration Module, headlight switch, relays, multiple fuses, etc...not to mention, there is more than one system on the vehicle.....

Without ALL the wiring schematics, it will be hard to diagnose.....

If you manually turn the low beams on, and they do not light, do you have power at the lo beam left and right fuses(underhood fuse block)?

If yes, check both fuses(doubt both would be blown)......

I doubt you have power at the fuses.....power comes from the lamp control module....

The lamp control module gets it's input from the headlight switch......it has 3 power inputs....so you have to check power in and grounds at the module....then you have to check if it is getting the correct input from the headlight switch.....

So as you can see, you need schematics.....

imidazol97
09-17-2013, 03:32 PM
Fuse 5 low beam
Fuse 6 low beam
Fuse 9 high beam
Fuse 10 high beam
HDLP HI BM relay 27
HDLP LO BM Relay 28

imidazol97
09-19-2013, 06:59 AM
Mr. Pants, heck for private message about those fuses and relays I listed.

Add your comment to this topic!