Page updated on 11-18-2017

Fujimi 1/24 Lamborghini Veneno -> Dec 2013

hirofkd
09-17-2013, 07:34 AM
Hobby Search is taking pre-orders for 4200 yen, among other things, including four F1 GTR Long Tail variations, that are priced at 3800 yen.
Man, this Christmas is going to be expensive.

LaFerrari, check
Veneno, check
Now who's going to do the McLaren P1?

Veyron
09-17-2013, 07:38 AM
Would love a P1, I have ended up liking it the most of the latest supercars.

BVC500
09-17-2013, 08:42 AM
If Fujimi is going to invade Aoshima's territory with a long-tail, I think its a surer bet that Aoshima will respond with a road car.

nugundam93
09-17-2013, 01:10 PM
forget the la ferrari, i'm lining up for this! (oh okay, and the F1 GTR) :)

starting to get to be an expensive holiday season, it definitely is. lol!

roymattblack
09-17-2013, 01:35 PM
The trouble with Fujimi (particularly) in the UK, is that they are so flippin' expensive!
Whatever the rest of the world pays, we seem to pay double.
£50+ for a pretty basic 'kerbside' kit, however 'pretty', is way OTT in my opinion.

Roy.

lezdep
09-17-2013, 02:04 PM
Hobby Search is taking pre-orders for 4200 yen, among other things, including four F1 GTR Long Tail variations, that are priced at 3800 yen.
Man, this Christmas is going to be expensive.

LaFerrari, check
Veneno, check
Now who's going to do the McLaren P1?
5 more curbside blobs from Fujimi. No thank you. If Aoshima will end up cancelling their F1-GTR and MP4/2 kits,
that would be great shame and big loss, imho.

Fujimi will surely get P1 out in the same form sooner or later. Question is do we want more models like that. What
else beside body shape and wheels is actually accurate on all those recent Fujimi kits ? Fujimi became such a power
house of skimming profits from quick releases. And obviously they're trying to shut competition down, so they could
enjoy this exclusivity as long as they want. Did Fujimi outsourced all beside body and wheels to China and lets team(s)
in China reuse 3D CAD models from different kits ? Sure looks like this to me. I have no other explanation to how
can they make so many kits so fast.

I think I can logically understand your hunch feeling, Hiro. Aoshima just does not have resources to resist pressure
Fujimi has put on. So, I guess if their F1-GTR kit is not cancelled, because of Fujimi, it will be the last from F1 series.
Rest will be captured by Fujimi, again :(

You know psychology of Japanese buyers better, will any of them actually wait for more detailed, but more expensive
and late released Aoshima kits ? Would Fujimi get all the profits and shut Aoshima out by their early announcements
and early releases ? Obviously domestic market is very important for Japanese kit makers.

ZoomZoomMX-5
09-17-2013, 02:25 PM
I kind of like the Veneno...but not enough not to wait it out and see if Aoshima does it. I have more than enough to work on for well beyond 3 lifetimes.

flyonthewall
09-18-2013, 06:00 AM
Quite surprised that Fujimi didn't go for the Sesto Elemento. Perhaps it's in the pipeline, it would be a logical future release.

stevenoble
09-18-2013, 01:00 PM
The trouble with Fujimi (particularly) in the UK, is that they are so flippin' expensive!
Whatever the rest of the world pays, we seem to pay double.
£50+ for a pretty basic 'kerbside' kit, however 'pretty', is way OTT in my opinion.

Roy.

So order from any one of the reliable Japanese online hobby sites such as HLJ or Hobbysearch etc. You'll pay a lot less than £50 and that will include delivery to your door. You're not doing anything illegal and everything will be declared on the customs paperwork as HLJ and Hobbysearch do it by the book. It amazes me how people still get ripped off by paying UK prices when there is no need to. There are other sources. Use them. All that crap about supporting your local hobby shop is nonsense when they charge you way over the odds, vote with your wallet. Typical example Tamiya Red Bull, £27 at HLJ, £69.99 at my local hobby shop. It's a no brainer. I've been ordering from HLJ for almost 10 years and never had any problems. My kits arrive on time and in perfect condition everytime...

drunken monkey
09-18-2013, 01:28 PM
It amazes me how people still get ripped off by paying UK prices when there is no need to.

because some people feel empowered when they complain.

Jaimenew
09-18-2013, 02:42 PM
Too expensive 4Q year.
Starting with Fujimi Mclaren F1, then with Aoshima Lamborghini LP670-4 SV, later Tamiya LaFerrari, and closing year with Fujimi Lamborghini Veneno....uffff.

We will be very busy in 2014.

Regards

JNC

BVC500
09-18-2013, 02:45 PM
Let's not forget that Revell-Germany will have some releases too! Anyone on this board with inside info about their releases? 458 spider & SLS convertible seem realistic, and a Ferrari FF would be even sweeter.

roymattblack
09-18-2013, 02:56 PM
because some people feel empowered when they complain.

Are you one of them?

I've bought from HLJ too - I got my Tamiya Mega-Enzo from them and yes, it was a fraction of the UK cost.
My point though, is WHY do UK prices always seem to be way above everyone else?
I'd love to support my local HS - if there WAS one!
Every HS in a 30 mile radius of me - Ipswich, UK, has gone.
I wonder why???????!!!

Roy.

stevenoble
09-18-2013, 06:31 PM
Are you one of them?

I've bought from HLJ too - I got my Tamiya Mega-Enzo from them and yes, it was a fraction of the UK cost.
I wonder why???????!!!

Roy.

I wonder why the UK prices are high too Roy. My local hobby shop reckon they make very little profit on that Tamiya Red Bull that they sell at nearly £70. Surely they make a good profit at that price..?? If they don't I'm baffled....

UKPonchoMan
09-18-2013, 07:09 PM
I guess it comes down to the wholesalers tacking on FAR too much to the price?

JeremyJon
09-18-2013, 10:18 PM
Not really interested in the Veneno, more so the Elemento, but hope we will see as nice of detailed 1/24 McLaren P1 as the LaFerrari

MPWR
09-19-2013, 10:20 AM
Wish I could call it a good looking car. "Explosion in a mattress factory" comes to mind. The more I look at it, the more I like the Murcielago. :grinyes: But on the shelf, it looks like it could be a cool build. Personally, I don't think I'd care about engine detail on this one.

drunken monkey
09-19-2013, 02:28 PM
y'know, never really looked at this car until Andy mentioned the mattress factory and well, gosh, Gandini would roll in his grave (if he were dead...)

stratos75
09-19-2013, 04:08 PM
As I know, Gandini still alive.
http://www.automobilemag.com/features/news/0911_marcello_gandini_automotive_designer/viewall.html

Gorzi
09-21-2013, 01:32 PM
If Fujimi is going to invade Aoshima's territory with a long-tail, I think its a surer bet that Aoshima will respond with a road car.
Fujimi's longtail does not have door hinges (can only choose either open OR close posture when completed). However, Aoshima should have functionable door hinges. Aventador is an example.

blubaja
09-24-2013, 10:02 AM
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10243805 Test shots. My god...this thing looks awful!-design wise...wow. There is just so much going on. Will still buy the kit:rofl:

MPWR
09-24-2013, 12:28 PM
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10243805

"Limited to three per household"- Noooo, how could they!!??:banghead:

sky1911
09-24-2013, 02:43 PM
Are you one of them?

I wonder why???????!!!

Roy.

That is actually a good point. I'm not from ole Blighty, but somewhere further down. However, the situation is the same. I wanted to buy things in a local HS - there simply are none that cater to car modellers needs here anymore. You can get miniature trains and stuff, loads of RC stuff (which seems to have replaced all those former HS and then some) and this is within a 100km radius of where I live. I can't even get Tamiya putty or primer around here. I *have* to order it from, funnily enough, the UK or Italy or Asia.

That aside a Veneno would be an awesome kit. In Geneva (in March this year) I was all over that car. It looks awesome from everywhere, except head-on. Too bad they didn't let me sit in it, Aventador yes, Veneno, no.
Also funny anecdote - while being there, a guy came up to the booth representative asking about the car:
"how much"
-"4.5 (mill), but all 3 are sold" (there are 4, one was to remain with the factory)
"I'll pay more than that"
-"wait here" ... Lambo guy rushes off to talk to someone else... :sly:

MPWR
09-24-2013, 04:04 PM
-"4.5 (mill), but all 3 are sold" (there are 4, one was to remain with the factory)
"I'll pay more than that"
-"wait here" ... Lambo guy rushes off to talk to someone else... :sly:

Wait- all 3 are sold? Ah, maybe that's why I can only buy three kits.

I don't think I will pay more...

nugundam93
09-24-2013, 04:27 PM
"Limited to three per household"- Noooo, how could they!!??:banghead:

nice shout-out to the real thing, if 1999.co.jp actually intended to do one. :)

hirofkd
09-24-2013, 09:13 PM
Wait- all 3 are sold? Ah, maybe that's why I can only buy three kits.

But you can copy the body with resin, and put it on a Fiero kit or something.:grinyes:

Chuck Kourouklis
09-25-2013, 01:54 PM
That's IT! THANK YOU! The damn thing looks like a Fiero body kit.

Eh, well. Gonna verify that for myself in 3D soon as it's out. :lol2:

sky1911
09-25-2013, 02:04 PM
Well you would need 4 to copy all the real ones. Unless I am mistaken the difference is in the colour of the stripe on the car. The one in Geneva had all 3 colours, the others, I believe, are single colour (one red, one white, one green).

And I dare someone to tell me the car isn't sexy as hell from these views. It's so crazy awesome with that fin on the rear deck, reminding you of the LMP1 cars... and the LED strip taillights and all those fine details.. really awesome.

They just overdid it with the front. Slap an aventador front on to it, perfection...

Pics taken on the Lambo stand @ Geneva

http://i.imgur.com/ftVocv0.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ZOL91IT.jpg

stratos75
09-25-2013, 03:07 PM
I've seen this car at Geneva motor show this year. I can't say it's beautiful, but looks very very agressive. The kit was preordered.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/93935557@N04/9938205636/sizes/c/in/photostream/

MPWR
09-25-2013, 07:41 PM
But you can copy the body with resin, and put it on a Fiero kit or something.:grinyes:

The damn thing looks like a Fiero body kit.

LOVE IT!

I'm thinking that as a body kit for a Fiat, it would be truly epic.:biggrin:

Chuck Kourouklis
09-25-2013, 09:48 PM
HEH. For all it gets in a power upgrade - 'specially alongside the P1 and the THEFerrari - it might as well be a tarted-up X1-9.

There. I said it. :devil:

sky1911
09-26-2013, 01:13 PM
HEH. For all it gets in a power upgrade - 'specially alongside the P1 and the THEFerrari - it might as well be a tarted-up X1-9.

There. I said it. :devil:

Well it's not all about power. After all those figures are basically useless in about 95% of the countries anyway, unless you actually take the car to a track or you happened to be living in one of the select few countries where you can legally hit it's topspeed ;).
To me the P1 is the most beautiful and quite possible the engineering marvel. When the Mclaren sales guy started talking about the way the suspension works on the MP4-12/C and then explained how they took that to another level on the P1 you had to admit, that's just effin nuts, plus the unique Brembo discs on that car...

Now if someone would start building these cars in 1/12 scale, I'd be all over them, Aventador / Veneno first though, please :)

Chuck Kourouklis
09-26-2013, 01:56 PM
I agree with you implicitly that it's not all about power, but that's not really what I was getting at - speaking as someone who'd rather have more of his noise under the hood than in racing stripes, air dams, and other visual festoonery.

In this case, the P1 and LaFerrari are more than ready to cash the checks their visual attitudes promise with the hard currency of performance.

740 hp isn't a small number by any means, but the Lamborghini leans waay harder on visual outrageousness than the other two. Its performance/visual statement ratio is the lowest of the group, and that's why it's the relative paper tiger in such company.

mattbacon
09-26-2013, 03:22 PM
Errr... but if you're building a 1/24 scale model of it, which doesn't actually have a 31HP plastic V12 in it, doesn't the visual drama count more? At the end of the day, what matters to me is whether I think it'll look cool on my shelf, and ALL Lambos look cool, and the Veneno is no exception. Obviously, I've pre-ordered the Tamiya LaFerrari as well, and should anyone step up with a 1/24 P1, I'll be all over that as well. Fortunately, when it comes to 1/24 models, I don't have to decide which one of the the three I'd buy as my daily ride in real life -- I can have them all. Whereas in real life, that trilemma occupies half my waking hours...

;-P

bestest,
M.

Chuck Kourouklis
09-26-2013, 04:12 PM
Absolutely. If a model to you is just sculpture on your shelf -

TOTALLY IRRESPECTIVE OF THE 1:1 THE MODEL EXISTS MAINLY TO REPRESENT -

then sure, visual drama takes precedent, along with whatever your personal aesthetics mandate.

And make no mistake, I reserved mine with nearly the enthusiasm I reserved my LF. It's just that some of us have difficulty abstracting the association with what the model is a miniature of. 'Specially since, you know, the model wouldn't exist without it.

BVC500
09-26-2013, 04:39 PM
My two cents: it's ugly, and Fujimi should have spent more time developing the McLaren F1 than producing a model of a car in which only 4 examples will be made.

stratos75
09-26-2013, 04:42 PM
... and then explained how they took that to another level on the P1 you had to admit, that's just effin nuts, plus the unique Brembo discs on that car...
Akebono. Not Brembo.
Developed specially by McLaren’s Formula 1 partner Akebono, the system features a new type of ceramic carbon disc, never before used on a road car, but which has undergone some of the most demanding and extreme testing.

mattbacon
09-26-2013, 05:52 PM
I think what it really comes down to is that you either think it's ugly, or you don't. It's not designed for people who think it's ugly...

Since no one knows what the real world performance will be like, still less the driving experience, calling it out as a "paper tiger" in based on some pseudo-scientific ratio of performance to "good looks" is pretty premature, if you ask me. And at these rarified levels is there really any such thing as an absolute "better" car? Pit an LFA, Ferrari F12 and an Aventador against each other, and there are differences in performance, they surely look different to each other, they have different levels of technology, yet I think you'd be hard pressed to find a motoring journalist or magazine anywhere in the world which has been lucky enough to test drive all three and has come out to say that one is the better car than the others. Maybe Jay Leno's driven all three and has an opinion -- maybe he'd even know which of the three he'd keep in the garage -- but I doubt he'd claim any one was just stand-up better than the other two.

Personally, I'd like to have it on my shelf because I think it looks dramatic, if not beautiful, just like a Lambo should. I'm just not going to claim that because I don't think it's good looking means that it's OBJECTIVELY a worse car that the other two...

bestest,
M.

MidMazar
09-26-2013, 07:05 PM
At the end of the day, what matters to me is whether I think it'll look cool on my shelf, and ALL Lambos look cool, and the Veneno is no exception.

:iagree:

Chuck Kourouklis
09-26-2013, 08:37 PM
Matt, Matt...

If it's all about who thinks it's ugly and who doesn't, then why have you been having this argument with somebody who's bought the model essentially for the reasons you laid out?

Did that somehow get past you?

JeremyJon
09-27-2013, 03:40 PM
It's got extreme styling, as it is meant by it's designers to be impactful, rather than "good looking" ...it's like saying a certain woman looks "striking" but doesn't necessarily mean you think she is beautiful!

As a scale model subject it is good, because of it's many shapes and details, allowing for a good looking model right out of the box

Preview photo from HS site page

Chuck Kourouklis
09-27-2013, 04:34 PM
Yeah, Jeremy, you actually hit on the kit's exact appeal for me. The whole bit about questioning a decision to get a model based on the performance of its subject was a nifty device to manufacture a premise easy to ridicule, but where exactly did anyone even approach such a suggestion before that post?

I know "ugly" has been bandied about, and I certainly riffed on the body kit wisecracks - but somebody point out where I explicitly called the Veneno "ugly" again?

Fact is, I wouldn't call it that. I do recall some Fiero body kit with a periscopic deck scoop that's unfortunately similar to the Veneno's rear cowling, and I wouldn't call it pretty; but my reaction is really almost exactly yours. To try to boil the discussion down to "good-" and "bad-looking" - though it provides a straw man to beat just as convenient as the one that started this whole dispute - in fact misses my point pretty comprehensively.

JeremyJon
09-28-2013, 10:57 AM
Yeah, Jeremy, you actually hit on the kit's exact appeal for me. The whole bit about questioning a decision to get a model based on the performance of its subject was a nifty device to manufacture a premise easy to ridicule, but where exactly did anyone even approach such a suggestion before that post?

I know "ugly" has been bandied about, and I certainly riffed on the body kit wisecracks - but somebody point out where I explicitly called the Veneno "ugly" again?

Fact is, I wouldn't call it that. I do recall some Fiero body kit with a periscopic deck scoop that's unfortunately similar to the Veneno's rear cowling, and I wouldn't call it pretty; but my reaction is really almost exactly yours. To try to boil the discussion down to "good-" and "bad-looking" - though it provides a straw man to beat just as convenient as the one that started this whole dispute - in fact misses my point pretty comprehensively.

Fair to say Chris, and though I might personally not care for the particular design, or see it as 'ugly' perhaps, that is a highly subjective and personal evaluation, as it is of anyone, but I also respect that it may differ from others opinions on the same subject, and of not lesser/greater value than my own ...sadly in this internet age, some people cross that line, if their opinion is not shared!?

Back to the Veneno, it's certainly unique, and for some that "drama" is appealing, I can applaud of the design team, that they recognized this, and not taking themselves to seriously, carried on with the design in an "extreme" manner ...the fact that they are only making 3-4 of this particular car - for the entire word - tells us that Lamborghini themselves realize that any potential buyer, who is willing to spend real money in purchase, is rare indeed!

mattbacon
09-28-2013, 04:20 PM
...my mistake. I thought that "tarted up X1-9" was a negative comparison. YMMV, obviously...

Anyway, who's arguing? This is a "robust discussion," of the sort t'internet is famous for!

;-P

No offence intended...

bestest,
M.

JeremyJon
09-28-2013, 05:47 PM
I think what it really comes down to is that you either think it's ugly, or you don't. It's not designed for people who think it's ugly...

~

Personally, I'd like to have it on my shelf because I think it looks dramatic, if not beautiful, just like a Lambo should. I'm just not going to claim that because I don't think it's good looking means that it's OBJECTIVELY a worse car that the other two...

Both excellent points Matt ....dramatic it is, even if not beautiful, yet those properties are what make it a good scale model candidate, as it will certainly stand apart in the display cabinet!

sky1911
09-29-2013, 03:56 AM
You are right, of course. I actually took several pics of the brakes, front and back, after the guy went on about it for a good while. Below is a picture of the right side front wheel of the P1. It's quite visible there ;)

http://i.imgur.com/33nb2Fo.jpg

stratos75
09-29-2013, 10:34 AM
sky1911: Ok, be more attentive next time. These discs with black chrome shining was the first that I noticed when have seen the P1 first time on the Geneva motor show.

roymattblack
09-29-2013, 05:08 PM
Um......
Veneno thread????

Roy.

stratos75
09-29-2013, 05:28 PM
Yes, the Veneno from Fujimi.

Chuck Kourouklis
10-01-2013, 07:09 PM
...my mistake. I thought that "tarted up X1-9" was a negative comparison. YMMV, obviously...

Anyway, who's arguing? This is a "robust discussion," of the sort t'internet is famous for!

;-P

No offence intended...

bestest,
M.

In a vacuum, certainly. Specifically compared to the LF and P1 as in my original context, though, it's one tarted X1-9 that's nevertheless apt to have everything this side of a Veyron for a quick and violent lunch. :smokin:

If we accept visual aggression as an expression of performance, the Veneno (in relative terms) seems to kick the balance a bit more to the sizzle than the filet, is all. As such, it doesn't line up with my personal set of priorities as well as the other two Geneva debutants.

Nothing to do with aesthetics or objective merit, and no offense meant returned. :icon16:

stratos75
10-14-2013, 10:31 AM
http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig24/10243805a.jpg
http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig24/10243805a2.jpg

lovegt40
10-14-2013, 01:15 PM
god so ugly...

Chuck Kourouklis
10-18-2013, 06:56 PM
Anyone craving a roadster, here you go...

http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/NQEUWu3ZVdm86__nT3RU_Q--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYyMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en-US/blogs/motoramic/131018085952-lamborghini-veneno2-roadster-620xa.jpg

http://media.zenfs.com/en-US/blogs/motoramic/venenoroads.jpg

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/lamborghini-veneno-roadster-leaks-5-3-million-154122865.html

nugundam93
10-19-2013, 10:10 PM
so awesome...

*drool*

da_ashman
10-20-2013, 07:29 PM
Seeing as theres gonna be 9 of the roadsters I think I'll just get one of those instead of the hardtop.... I wish...

Looks better as a roadster! If Fujimi painted their sample model better it would look much better.

sky1911
10-21-2013, 12:28 PM
Well, if they had made the parts to look carbon fibre that are carbon fibre that would have been a good start. That aside, can someone make a chop of it, attaching the Sesto Elemento or the Aventador nosecone to this car - that would be the ultimate love child :D, or, in the words of some Jack Sparrow "much more better".

hirofkd
12-19-2013, 04:07 AM
Kit came out as scheduled.
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10243805

Add your comment to this topic!