Page updated on 11-20-2017

It's the Austin Show Oct. 6 and You're Invited!

CrateCruncher
09-13-2013, 03:29 PM
My local club, Austin Scale Modeler Society has a show in the fall every year. This year we're hosting the IPMS Region 6 Convention so it promises to be even bigger and better than ever. We're expecting modelers from all over Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas and even Kansas. Expect over 500 models competing, a huge 4,500 square foot vendor area, great door prizes from Iwata, and fun events like airbrush demo's and a kid friendly Make-N-Take class too. I've confirmed automotive modelers from Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio will be bringing their latest creations so bring your best stuff and enjoy meeting new friends and sharing ideas. New this year is a Best Drivetrain Award for the most over-the-top detailed automotive engine and suspension.

It's going to be the Austin Show October 6 at Norris Center!:runaround:

Follow this link to our website contest page with times, directions, and other details:

http://www.austinsms.org/contest.php

avd
09-13-2013, 05:42 PM
I live close to Dallas. Do you know any schedule to that?

CrateCruncher
09-13-2013, 06:49 PM
Metroplex Car Modelers have a club in Arlington. They usually have a show in March. You should pop in on one of their meetings sometime. And if you're looking for some contest fun on October 5 come see us in Austin. We're just down the road a piece.

CFarias
09-16-2013, 12:25 PM
I'll be there!

CrateCruncher
09-16-2013, 01:59 PM
I'll be there!

Good to hear! If you see a guy with a nametag that says Mike Poole on it say hello. I always enjoy meeting AF friends in person.

Mike

MPWR
09-17-2013, 10:07 AM
Yay, I love Austins!

(But damnit if Oktoberfest isn't that weekend....)

CrateCruncher
09-17-2013, 05:46 PM
Yay, I love Austins!

(But damnit if Oktoberfest isn't that weekend....)

Which one are you planning on going to? There's probably one somewhere around here. New Braunfels maybe? Fredericksburg? If it's not too far you might be able to do both. One guy I talked to is coming up from San Antonio for the 3 day Austin City Limits Festival but plans to take a break from the noise and debauchery :lol: for a couple of hours of shopping in the vendor area.

Speaking of which, some of our vendors aren't really retailers. They're other modelers that go in on a table to downsize their collections. Pioneer Flight Museum over in Kingsbury is bringing a huge estate collection that was donated earlier this year. None of these "vendors" are out to make a money. They just want to liquidate and that means better and better deals as the day gets longer.

CrateCruncher
11-19-2013, 10:43 AM
Photos for Austin Scale Model Show 2013 are posted on our website now. A familiar name to Automotive Forums won Best Automotive and nearly won Judges Best of Show with his scratch-built Marussia B2.

Congratulations Hiro!

http://www.austinsms.org/coppermine/index.php?cat=33

Add your comment to this topic!