Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Need Location of Sunroof Drain Tube End on 97 LHS

weaverm
08-28-2013, 01:13 PM
My sunroof drains clogged and caused water to backup and leak into the car and puddle on my floors. I ran narrow plastic tubing down the passenger side drain tube and got it unclogged, but the clog on the driver side must be near the end of the tube and perhaps after an elbow, b/c I can't push my plastic line beyond a certain point (~4' to 5'). For both sides, water drains out the bottom of the car under each front door through the metal seam where you'd typically place a jack. The tubes seem to end somewhere above that steel seam perhaps within a hollowed out area of frame that I can't seem to access, but hopefully one of you knows a solution. Blowing pressurized air down the drain tube did not clear the driver side clog. Any suggestions?

TeamoDave
09-09-2013, 11:39 PM
In case you haven't noticed, this forum is pretty dead. Last post was over a year ago. You may want to check out www.lhforums.net or the forum at www.dodgeintrepid.net. Sorry if this is against the rules but I'm just trying to help. Good luck.

weaverm
09-10-2013, 11:54 AM
I appreciate the advice b/c I've checked my Haynes repair manual and read countless threads on www.dodgeintrepid.net related to sunroof leaks, but none tell how to access the end of the sunroof drain tube. I tried locating the factory service manual for free online, but no luck. I'll check out www.lhforums.net as you suggested. Thanks.

Add your comment to this topic!