93 YJ wont turn over

Quakker
08-26-2013, 11:55 PM
Ok I have just done about everything to my jeep and got it all back together now. Turned the key on and nothing at all no power to the little lights on the dash and fuel pump sounds like its not turning on and jeep wont turn over. Was wondering if anyone could help me out and maybe guide me on how to fix this

Quakker
08-27-2013, 12:19 AM
I have bought just about everything new for my jeep i did a full rebuild on it and now it wont turn over but when i jump it off the starter it turns over.

fredjacksonsan
09-22-2013, 01:18 PM
Apologies for slow reply....check battery cables and ground. Also check battery cables for corrosion.

Quakker
09-22-2013, 02:16 PM
I have checked all of that and much more but I think irs the motor timing. Is there anyway to know how ro check it bc I followed all data and hanyes manual and still seems off

fredjacksonsan
09-22-2013, 06:55 PM
Make sure you have all the grounds connected; you said in your first post that the dashlights did not come on...so voltage is not getting there, either from battery issues or grounds.

There's another post I read recently, there were a few grounds that were not connected on the passenger side, and once connected all was well.

Quakker
09-22-2013, 07:32 PM
All grounds connected lights work jeep tuens over now runs for like 10 seconds max and then dies, all sensors have been replaced and new computer programed to my jeep, and all grounds connected but the one under driverside seat and it just dosent make sence I mean new distributer and all but it is a fresh motor and just dies once it euns for 10 seconds so any ideas would help and sorry for post kinda being thrown together I'm under my jeep

fredjacksonsan
09-23-2013, 12:14 AM
All vacuum hoses attached?

Intake clear?

Fuel pump running?

You said you've got all new plugs cap and rotor, right?

If you give it more gas does that change the way it runs, or the duration?

I'd make 1 more check for grounds, and make sure to hook up the one under the seat. Is there any anti theft installed on it?

Quakker
09-23-2013, 12:24 AM
No I did all of it I've been doing this for almost 2weeks so I'm giving up and sending it ro a dealership and see what they come up with

fredjacksonsan
09-23-2013, 12:51 AM
OK good luck, let me know how it comes out....

Add your comment to this topic!