Page updated on 11-19-2017

NEW 1/24 Ferrari LaFerrari by Tamiya

Pages : [1] 2 3

Dexter Models
08-21-2013, 04:00 AM
Tamiya 1/24 LaFerrari Kit expected for november (Seen on HLJ)

http://d2ev13g7cze5ka.cloudfront.net/tam/tam24333_0.jpg?v=1377063409

RonCla
08-21-2013, 07:28 AM
Tamiya have been busy giving us a all new 1/6 scale Fat Boy Harley as well.

http://www.hlj.com/product/tam16041

stratos75
08-21-2013, 09:03 AM
What a surprize! Thank you Tamiya.

BVC500
08-21-2013, 09:06 AM
Naturally. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Porsche 918 spyder soon. Tamiya milks these licenses with multiple versions and scales. Who knows...a McLaren P1 on the way too?

Jaimenew
08-21-2013, 09:38 AM
! Excellent news!
I'm ready to order Fujimi Mclaren F1, and now this Ferrari.
Just need to know if any Lamborghini also will be released.

Regards

JNC

auw12
08-21-2013, 11:28 AM
Thank you Tamiya. :-)

avd
08-21-2013, 11:54 AM
Thanks Tamiya!

griffin-gt40
08-21-2013, 12:19 PM
Thanks Tamiya!

For sure. Nice to see Tamiya back to making something new, seems like there has just been no new kits from them for some time now. I'm sure there has but in recent memory it seems to be just reissues of older kits with new decals and a nice black box.

I too hope to see them release the 918. I've seen some renderings on the net of a gt2/3 version of the 918 and its damn sexy. Hopefully Tamiya will do a 918 to go with the very nice Carrera from way back when.

My only gripe with the new Ferrari.....gorgeous car, one of the worst names in history for a super luxury sports car....I hope someone got fired over coining that crappy name.

David

cjsbosox
08-21-2013, 12:47 PM
I just drooled sorry

cjsbosox
08-21-2013, 12:51 PM
And ordered of course :runaround::runaround::runaround: :eek7:

CrateCruncher
08-21-2013, 02:22 PM
Their amazing Enzo/FXX kit sold very well. Let's hope it gives them the stones to make this one with the same level of detail. Does anyone know?

fafnir
08-21-2013, 02:32 PM
Looking forward to this release,put me down for a couple!.

MidMazar
08-21-2013, 04:25 PM
Awesome news......hopefully its fully detailed like their enzo kit!! Great kit to look forward to!

Btw thanks for the great name ferrari!! Maybe we should call it self titled? :lol:

da_ashman
08-21-2013, 08:24 PM
Thanks Tamiya!! We'll be able to get our hands on the LaFerrari before the 1:1 owners!!! No doubt Tamiya will milk the crap outa this licence, there'll be Red, Yellow & Black, Clear, Masterwork red yellow & black & 1:12 versions (hopefully).
& yes lets hope its like their 2002 line up of the 3 best supercars again, (918 & P1... we can only hope!)

da_ashman
08-21-2013, 08:25 PM
On another note, who wants to guess wholl be 2nd to release LaFerrari? Fujimi, Revell...

ZoomZoomMX-5
08-21-2013, 08:41 PM
Can't wait...I have yet to build a Tamiya Enzo or FXX, I'll surely build this one first :evillol:

Enzo/F50 not particularly beautiful cars...this one is stunning, regardless of what Veyron thinks :biggrin:

willimo
08-21-2013, 10:13 PM
I think it's ugly, too :dunno:

CrateCruncher
08-21-2013, 10:42 PM
I think it's ugly, too :dunno:

Ok, the open duct under the nose isn't all that elegant but I think the side inlets look like art sculpture. The car's rear 3/4 sort of reminds me of a 330 P4. I can't wait to see it in other colors like copper or anthracite.

Here is a color configurator on the Ferrari website with a 360 turntable to view all the angles:

www.laferrari.com/en/design/ (http://www.laferrari.com/en/design/)

Warning, the Ferrari website will kick you off if you don't feed $100 bills into your optic drive slot continuously!

leafs004
08-22-2013, 12:42 AM
According to tamiya it will get the Enzo detail treatment, so it should be a fun car to build.

petesy
08-22-2013, 03:18 AM
Tamiya just announced it on the web site today. Looks like it will be displayed at Tamiya's booth at the Tokyo Hobby Show next month.

http://www.tamiya.com/japan/cms/newstopics/2397-hobbyshow.html

It comes with opening gullwing doors and rear cowl, faithfully reproduced engine unit, HY-KERs and hybrid system, and the assemblies will follow the construction method of the real car.

Cliff71
08-22-2013, 04:00 AM
I'll be looking forward to this kit too. It's supposedly a Skill Level 3, so should be just as good as their previous offerings.
On another note, what bugs me most, as I'm sure it would bug a lot of other guys, "into" exotics/super cars, IS, why the Hell do they, ( Tamiya, Fujimi, Revell OG & previously Aoshima ) continue to copy each other& bring out "their" version of the same damn car???!!! Surely they Must know they're cutting each others grass?? Therefore giving themselves a lower profit at the end of the day. Just doesn't make sense to me when there are So many super cars to choose from, that all fans of this genre of cars, are crying out for & are willing to spend their money on, all to no avail?? !!!

I think all of the main players, as mentioned above, should get together & have a round-table discussion on who kits what ( manufacturer 1:1 ) & licensing etc for said kits. They're all big players & it would be easy enough to have them all bid on let's say 10-20yrs licensing, exclusive to them, for each manufacturer. Say Tamiya as exclusive rights to Ferrari, Fujimi McClaren, Aoshima Lamborghini & Revell Mercedes & so on & so forth until most of the big name manufacturers are covered, including Audi, Aston, BMW, Bugatti, Paghani etc. Seriously, how hard is that to accomplish??? Wouldn't this be a more profitable way forward for these kit companies? Having exclusive rights to particular manufacturers/models? Having a wider clientele?? Does this make sense to anybody else but me???

Cheers Cliff

petesy
08-22-2013, 04:23 AM
It is possible that they started development on the same subject at more or less the same time, and when one manufacturer announced the kit, the other is far too deep into development. Instead of wasting the effort and resources already poured into the project they may decide to release the kit as well.

If the market is large enough to cater for several manufacturers it doesn't hurt to have a little competition among them. The consumer can choose the best kit that suits their budget, skill level and detail requirements.

I am wary of exclusive licenses. It is bound to raise kit prices due to lack of competition/availability. We would also be held hostage by the manufacturers; last time when Mattel had an exclusive license with Ferrari we hardly had any Ferrari model kits at all. It is also hard to distribute the car makes among the model kit manufacturers. Some makes have a large lineup while some only have a few models on productions, and some of them are more popular than others.

lovegt40
08-22-2013, 05:32 AM
finally a great model of the nicest street car around. will surely be a bestseller.
I hope soon in some real race versions.... ;)
Suspect no hope for now for the 918, but u never know...

hirofkd
08-22-2013, 06:01 AM
In addition to Mattel's Ferrari licensing mess, Tamiya once had exclusive rights to McLaren, which ended up with a bitter break-up and subsequent lack of Mclaren kits, including the F1 road car. :banghead:
Because of competition Aoshima's Aventador and 86/BRZ are better than the others.:thumbsup:
Without competition, we, the consumers, will be screwed even more than a few duplicates a year.:nono:

Cliff71
08-22-2013, 06:12 AM
Petesy, you make some valid points & I'm not arguing them, just giving a different perspective on what's possible for our hobby, all things considered.

Yes it's quite possible companies start development at the same time, regarding a particular model. This brings me to my point about exclusivity. If only 1 kit manufacturer had the license for a particular brand this would not happen, which in turn brings up another point regarding 1:1 car companies exclusive rights to make their products etc. They could & should, if they were smart, sell the licenses based on die-cast only, plastic kit only, clothing merchandise only etc etc.... therefore creating more profit for their company. This would then not be a problem not being able to kit ( plastic versions ) of a certain brand because Mattel bought the License for die cast only. This problem is easily solved.

As for competition between the kit companies... they will all have their own license to produce whatever brand of 1:1 they purchased the rights to. The onus ( responsibility ) would fall on them to produce quality kits. Their competition is the other kit companies & their products/kits/quality. Their profits will go Up if they produce quality kits, down if they don't. They could also forfeit their license if they fail to produce what the 1:1 manufacturer may/may not have stipulated in their contract, as far as accuracy/quality products. This would certainly ensure We get good products/accurate kits.

The other issue about Skill level its is just as easily solved.... The kit company has the license for each particular brand. If they decide to kit, let's say, an Audi RS6 Avante, with today's 3D scanning technology, they can make different skill levels for this particular car, but not only that, they can produce stock/tuner versions therefore further widening their reach to different skill level builders as well as the custom market. If the 1: 1 car manufacturers can do it, offering the same car with different engines, trim levels etc, I see no reason why kit companies couldn't???

Cheers Cliff

Chuck Kourouklis
08-22-2013, 03:02 PM
I'm with Downie on the whole aesthetics thing. :smokin:

Good to see Tamiya bringin' this, and if they could pretty-pretty-PLEASE-with-naked-geishas-on-top bring a placticized version of their 1/12 288 GTO in the Spring, it would be a near Chuck Norris level of awesomeness that might just blow up a few hobby stores.

Far as multiple manufacturers go, one thing I like about it is that one kit may handle certain aspects better than another - so you can just bash the good parts together.

Fujimi's been making some nice wheels and photoetch for certain Revell kits lately... :icon16:

da_ashman
08-22-2013, 08:38 PM
Cliff makes some good points & I love your idea! We as the consumer would benefit ALOT! But on the flip side they are companies in it to make money & 1/4 of the Pie is better than none of the pie... esp when it comes to desirable kits like Ferraris

Cliff71
08-23-2013, 04:29 AM
I don't see how we couldn't benefit, considering I for 1 do like Ferraris, but geez, there's only So many you can build when there are So many other subjects that Can be kitted. Variety is the spice of life, no??

Look what's out there for any model company to kit..... Porches 918/RS GT3/911/Cayman etc
Aston Martin.... M1-77, Zegato, Vanquish/vert etc
Bugatti, Pagani, Jaguar F-Type/XKR etc, any of the Audi RS range, Mercedes AMG range, BMW. .. M series range, Bentley, any of the new Rare Lamborghini's ( Veneno/Egoistic ) , Koeneggsigg? . The list is virtually endless..... would not any of you buy these cars if kitted?? I don't understand the kit companies.... we're all crying out for variety, we have money to spend on New kits, instead of re-runs/releases, yet they don't seem interested??? Yet you'll see numerous different branded die-cast versions, some really good & very expensive & some just utter rubbish. If the 1:1 manufacturers are willing to license their products out to these cheap Chinese die-casters then I don't see why a reputable plastic kit company like Tamiya/Fujimi/Revell OG/Aoshima can't make a case to the 1:1 manufacturers to license making plastic kits of their brands/cars????

viperofoz
08-23-2013, 06:33 AM
LaPre ordered :jerking:

Looking forward to this one, and a bit of a bargain too at Ĩ3,840.

Regards, Dan

ataschner
08-23-2013, 10:50 AM
My understanding of this last Tamiyaīs annoucement is a bit different. Launch models of Ferrari cars is a sure shot for Tamiya, because behind every new product, there are manufacturing costs and expected return on sales of course.
Tamiya has not released anything new and different regarding cars from awhile (ok, must consider the Jägermeister Porsche). They have made it clear that cars subject regarding plastic modeling is no longer one of its main product lines.
They are introducing this last Ferrari just because is a Ferrari (and maybe we can consider Porsche as well). And thatīs all for now. When Ferrari come up with other new model (lets see in about 4 or 5 years from now), then Tamiya will do the same. Until there, no big deals from Tamiya... at least, not a considerable updating on its catalogue such as Fujimi and Aoshima are making on theirs own nowadays.

What is happening with Tamiya? Is the case to scream: Hey! Wake up! We are here, waiting for new tools...."?????
Or shoud we be happy with we got so far, because we are a few crazy bastards in the world that likes plastic cars a lot and thanks God that still there a few companies that are committed to this market.. ????

Whatīs the deal??? ;-)

Anyway, a new modelīs announcement it is always a nice reason to celebrate.
For now, KUDOS to Tamiya!

stevenoble
08-23-2013, 11:04 AM
I'd have been jumping about if they'd said they were releasing a fully detailed 1/24th Lancia Delta S4 in Martini colours. Sadly, for me, this is nothing to get excited about. I don't find it ugly or anything, far from it. It's a lovely looking thing. Just don't have any desire to build a model of it. They should leave the road cars to Fujimi or Aoshima and get back to doing what they do best 1/20th F1 and 1/24th rally...

roymattblack
08-23-2013, 12:22 PM
I just hope it won't be another Aston DBS - Lovely at first glance, but fairly limited in reality with only half an engine - AND bl--dy expensive!!!

Roy.

Chuck Kourouklis
08-23-2013, 01:54 PM
HLJ does promise this:

"An all-new kit of the all-new Ferrari LaFerrari, from Tamiya! This stunning kit of the stunning LaFerrari features full detail inside and out, with detailed 6262cc V12 engine (with HY-KERS motor system), transmission, interior, and suspension, plus scissor doors and a rear cowl that can be positioned open or closed even after assembly to show off all the detail within."

BVC500
08-23-2013, 02:02 PM
I just hope it won't be another Aston DBS - Lovely at first glance, but fairly limited in reality with only half an engine - AND bl--dy expensive!!!

Roy.

I dont think there is anything wrong with halfsies when you can barely see the engine. I just wish they used most of their preexisting tooling to create a DBS volante!

360spider
08-23-2013, 09:51 PM
Cool.
Will I get it? You bet.
Will I build it? If I get to it, sure.
Where is FF? Anybody?

CrateCruncher
08-23-2013, 09:58 PM
I don't think Tamiya has been starving us that bad. I just looked at my stash and noticed several interesting new kits over the last few years:

Lotus 25, Europa, 7
Honda RA272, RC 166
Renault Alpine
Alfa Giulia
Ferrari Enzo/FXX
Kharman Ghia
Cireon 2CV
Jaguar MK II

Heck, that's a lot of plastic. And most of the kits had good to great detail. I think we sometimes forget about all the great kits that have been coming at us the last few years from the Japanese brands. With the world coming out of it's funk it can only get better. Even the U.S. has an active manufacturer: Moebius Models.

360spider
08-23-2013, 10:00 PM
Before complaining about lack of new kits, just think about how many did you build this year. For many of us, it would be very few, or none.

JeremyJon
08-23-2013, 10:01 PM
Here's a question for you guys to consider, and lay some bets on!

Will we see a 1/12 scale LaFerrari, as we have (eventually it came) of the Enzo?

Personally, I think so, but it may take several years IMO

viperofoz
08-23-2013, 11:53 PM
I don't think Tamiya has been starving us that bad. I just looked at my stash and noticed several interesting new kits over the last few years:

Lotus 25, Europa, 7
Honda RA272, RC 166
Renault Alpine
Alfa Giulia
Ferrari Enzo/FXX
Kharman Ghia
Cireon 2CV
Jaguar MK II

Heck, that's a lot of plastic. And most of the kits had good to great detail. I think we sometimes forget about all the great kits that have been coming at us the last few years from the Japanese brands. With the world coming out of it's funk it can only get better. Even the U.S. has an active manufacturer: Moebius Models.

Cratecruncher, I don't think Tamiya has been starving us either.

BUT, of all the kits you have listed the only ones that could be considered new-ish tools would be the Honda RC-166 (2010) and the FXX (2009) and even that is partially based on existing Enzo tooling.

Take a look at these dates, whilst I wouldn't consider them ancient, they are certainly not from the last few years... re-issued in the last few years maybe.

Jag Mk II (1996)
Citroen 2CV (1995)
Karman Ghia (1996)
Enzo Ferrari (2002)
Honda RA272 (1997)
Lotus 25 (1997)
Lotus 7 (1984)

Couldn't find actual dates on the Alfa, Alpine and Europa, but i'm pretty sure they are all 90's releases.

This is not meant as a slam but It just goes to show how long some of these kits that we might consider as new-ish have actually been around.

Regards, Dan

Cliff71
08-23-2013, 11:58 PM
You've also missed ( street cars )
Toyota 86
Subaru BRZ
Aston Martin DBS
Lexus LFA

These would be the most recent kits produced by Tamiya & they're between 1-3yrs old already... So really for a large kit company like Tamiya, who you'd expect to at least pump out a new kit or 2 every year... Well they're behind both Fujimi & Aoshima.

hirofkd
08-24-2013, 12:08 AM
When it comes to 1/12 scale, accessibility to the real car becomes a major issue, because Tamiya doesn't make a large scale model without studying the real car in person. In order to produce the upcoming 1/6 Harley, Tamiya bought and took apart a real bike (now, that's more like Tamiya!).
So Tamiya kit designers need full access to the real subject, or it'll be difficult for them to make a large scale model.
I personally don't mind simplified details, as long as the price is right, like Revell's 1/12 GT500, but Tamiya seems to be stuck with the high-price, super-detail approach, like their 1/32 aircraft and now 1/6 Harley.

So really for a large kit company like Tamiya, who you'd expect to at least pump out a new kit or 2 every year...
They do, don't they? LFA and DBS in 2011, 86/BRZ and RB6 in 2012, and 934 and LaFerrari in 2013.

Cliff71
08-24-2013, 03:52 AM
[QUOTE=hirofkd;7056069

They do, don't they? LFA and DBS in 2011, 86/BRZ and RB6 in 2012, and 934 and LaFerrari in 2013.[/QUOTE]

True! I thought the DBS came out earlier, 2010, but that's fine. As stated previously & I agree, Tamiya no longer has plastic model car kits as a priority anymore. That's ok too because Fujimi & Aoshima have picked up the ball & are running with it, especially Aoshima. Also, if Aoshima, as posted on their F/B page, can make arrangements with Lamborghini & McClaren, to visit & scan the 1:1s... I don't see why Tamiya couldn't??
Cheers Cliff

JeremyJon
08-24-2013, 09:43 AM
For a 1/12 scale, they don't necessarily need to dismantle a car, especially in this age of complete CAD data through licensing available, but there are a few LaFerrari accessible now, one show car on the global show circuit, and 2-3 prototypes running for client drives
It would be great is that allowed for an accelerated production, compared to previous waiting times!

CrateCruncher
08-24-2013, 10:51 AM
Well Viperofoz I guess that list I rattled off is getting up in years. Thanks everyone for adding some more recent examples.

From what I've seen most of the Tamiya tooling budget has been going to the WWII big scale crowd lately. Take, for example the Yamato at 1500 pieces, and the new Corsair at 450 pieces. WWII armor is a pretty big deal too. Smaller upstarts and majors like Tamiya know they can sell a LOT more kits because there's more interest and there's no licensing headwind. If you compare prices on car vs. WWII, our cars are expensive.

I think another problem is that car people seem more diverse in their tastes. There are only a handful of classic single prop fighters from WWII but look how many cars and motorcycles there are. Just in competition you have F1, GT Endurance, Rally, Indy, NASCAR to name a few. I like '60s GT's and prototypes, others here like rally cars and F1 subjects. Each slice in that pie makes the spend for a new tool harder to justify.

Which brings me to the point Cliff71 made. Why go toe to toe with a direct competitor on a new kit release? Poor industry intelligence, ego? Who knows? But I agree. With so many under-kitted subjects to choose from it's remarkable they continue doing this. One way to stop it is to make a BIG irreversible sunk cost tooling commitment and tell the world about it as early as possible. That's how Airbus dissuaded Boeing from entering the super-747 (A380) market. By investing in a huge manufacturing plant at the outset Airbus effectively signaled that if you enter this segment we are both guaranteed to lose money, but you a lot more than me.

hirofkd
08-24-2013, 02:50 PM
True! I thought the DBS came out earlier, 2010, but that's fine. As stated previously & I agree, Tamiya no longer has plastic model car kits as a priority anymore. That's ok too because Fujimi & Aoshima have picked up the ball & are running with it, especially Aoshima. Also, if Aoshima, as posted on their F/B page, can make arrangements with Lamborghini & McClaren, to visit & scan the 1:1s... I don't see why Tamiya couldn't??
Cheers Cliff
Tamiya has transformed itself into a R/C and material/tool supplier, which also keeps the legacy business of plastic model manufacturing, so their balance sheet must be made to do just that. The other companies have to survive by selling plastic models, so they have to aim for growth of their core model business. While the range of variety has shrunk, price has gone up, so per-kit revenue must be higher then before. They also try different things, which always involves some risks, but such risk paid off for Fujimi's F1 kits, Aoshima's spacecraft and Ita-sha series, and Hasegawa's IdolMaster kits.
Tamiya's current CEO used to be a banker, and banker's job is to maintain a healthy balance sheet, so that must be what's going on.
Growing companies tend to have a pair of self-motivated leader with wacky ideas and a pragmatic and skilled financial officer. Tamiya appears to be missing one of two drive axles.

Cliff71
08-24-2013, 07:29 PM
It's sad for Tamiya because if you go back to their prime they were #1 in kit quality/detail. All in all I'm glad the other 2 Japanese companies have overtaken them & are pumping out kits for us. There's quite a big rivalry between Fujimi & Aoshima now & although Fujimi is getting there kits to market quicker, Aoshima is winning the battle for accuracy, detail level & pure quality. I think it's fantastic to see!

I personally have been involved with 1 of Aoshima head guys, Nao S, & he is such a great guy. He has great drive & vision of where to take Aoshima & loves to be involved on a daily basis with us, the enthusiasts! They want to be the No:1 company in Japan & internationally, for auto models & I really hope they do! They're well on their way & there are more surprises to come in the next 6-12 months..... start saving your money guys ;-)

Cheers Cliff

nascar49
08-24-2013, 08:46 PM
It's sad for Tamiya because if you go back to their prime they were #1 in kit quality/detail. All in all I'm glad the other 2 Japanese companies have overtaken them & are pumping out kits for us. There's quite a big rivalry between Fujimi & Aoshima now & although Fujimi is getting there kits to market quicker, Aoshima is winning the battle for accuracy, detail level & pure quality. I think it's fantastic to see!

I personally have been involved with 1 of Aoshima head guys, Nao S, & he is such a great guy. He has great drive & vision of where to take Aoshima & loves to be involved on a daily basis with us, the enthusiasts! They want to be the No:1 company in Japan & internationally, for auto models & I really hope they do! They're well on their way & there are more surprises to come in the next 6-12 months..... start saving your money guys ;-)

Cheers Cliff

I am becoming a very big fan of Aoshima , and its amazing how great their kits are now, they are blowing Tamiya out of the water, but I am starting to think that they might have to much going on right now, I have noticed that almsot all the gets schduled for the rest of the year have been pushed back , kits that were supposed to be released a few months ago are now scheduled for the end of the year.

I am not complaining, and I understand that things happen, but I just wonder if the push backs on a lot of kits are due to them spreading themselves to thin.

Cliff71
08-24-2013, 08:58 PM
It actually might not be in their control. I know for fact the Twins- FT 86/BRZ & the Aventador kits were pushed back last year because both Toyota/Subaru & Lamborghini are involved & had final say on box-art design. Without their stamp of approval Aoshima's hands are tied. The 1:1 Manufacturers put a lot of demands on how/what & when kits actually make it to market. Then there are the movie companies which can be even more demanding, like the big delay in the Mad Max Interceptor kits. There is a lot of approval that needs to be met before the kits make it to our stashes... It's unfortunate but at least we DO wind up getting them. For that we should be grateful .

Cheers Cliff

hirofkd
08-24-2013, 09:37 PM
I just wonder if the push backs on a lot of kits are due to them spreading themselves to thin.
In case of McLaren, Aoshima realized the expectations were higher than originally anticipated, so they're doing more to produce a better kit. Their Aventador kit doesn't even have a transmission, but the McLaren has a lot more. Looks like I have to get more than one kit to detail Fujimi's F1 road car.
http://stat.ameba.jp/user_images/20130825/03/aoshima-kumablog/02/6c/j/o0800042312660410509.jpg

Cliff71
08-24-2013, 09:41 PM
Whatever misgivings Aoshima's Aventador has its still much, much better than Fujimi's Aventador. Nao has said to me, more than once, Aoshima will NOT compromise on quality & detail. They are committed to producing high quality & as much detail as possible in their kits/future kits. Make no mistake about that. You have to give then cudos for that?

Cliff

indecentkikogt
08-24-2013, 09:50 PM
. Nao has said to me, more than once, Aoshima will NOT compromise on quality & detail.
Cliff

That's good to know, I've always liked Aoshima, but Tamiya was my go to for detailed kits like the Skylines. Now with them making these super cars and the amount of detail in them, it'll just make it that much easier who to buy.

On a side note, I still can't wrap my head around the name. LaFerrari would be good if it was just that and nothing else, but you put Ferrari in front of it and it just sounds ridiculous.

Cliff71
08-24-2013, 10:03 PM
That's good to know dude!
As for the name... Well while it may not make too much sense to us plain old English speakers etc, in Italian it has a special meaning. It's more about it being a special Ferrari... an evolutional, rather than revolutional, Ferrari. Like if someone said to you, ( in Italian this makes sense ), I have a Ferrari. Yes? Which 1? La Ferrari! The Ferrari of all Ferraris. If you see it this way... Then maybe it makes a little more sense ;-)

Cliff

jano11
08-25-2013, 06:21 AM
That's good to know dude!
As for the name... Well while it may not make too much sense to us plain old English speakers etc, in Italian it has a special meaning. It's more about it being a special Ferrari... an evolutional, rather than revolutional, Ferrari. Like if someone said to you, ( in Italian this makes sense ), I have a Ferrari. Yes? Which 1? La Ferrari! The Ferrari of all Ferraris. If you see it this way... Then maybe it makes a little more sense ;-)

Cliff

LaFerrari means nothing, it is a marketing flop. They had called their previous super/hypecar Enzo (instead of F60) so they didn't really know how to top that one and came up with this stupid name: Ferrari LaFerrari! :rofl:

La Ferrari in Italian means The Ferrari, nothing exciting about it IMO. An teh question is, what will the call the next one in 10 years time? LaLaFerrari? LaSuperFerrari? :headshake
If you ask me they should have named it the Dino GTO or something along that line, that would have been special with great historical co-notations.
They could also start using the names of some of their great past drivers, like Bugatti has been doing during the last decade, it makes so much more sense.

Anyway back to the topic at hand, glad to see Tamiya come up with something new, let's hope it is really up to the quality of their Enzo kit.

Archetype123
08-25-2013, 01:15 PM
Pre-ordered! Not sure why as I haven't even touched a kit this year. It's just one of those things I have to have, haha. And what seems to be a good price from HLJ, too.

I will wait patiently until November.

Johan_SWE
08-25-2013, 04:11 PM
And the great thing with the model kit is that you donīt have to own five other Ferrari kits before being even considered to be allowed to order one :D
Apparently that is the case with the real scale 1:1 version...

lovegt40
08-26-2013, 04:52 AM
LaFerrari means nothing, it is a marketing flop. They had called their previous super/hypecar Enzo (instead of F60) so they didn't really know how to top that one and came up with this stupid name: Ferrari LaFerrari! :rofl:

La Ferrari in Italian means The Ferrari, nothing exciting about it IMO. An teh question is, what will the call the next one in 10 years time? LaLaFerrari? LaSuperFerrari? :headshake
If you ask me they should have named it the Dino GTO or something along that line, that would have been special with great historical co-notations.
They could also start using the names of some of their great past drivers, like Bugatti has been doing during the last decade, it makes so much more sense.

Anyway back to the topic at hand, glad to see Tamiya come up with something new, let's hope it is really up to the quality of their Enzo kit.

not so sure about this.also i dont like this name but its meaning in my language is clear as never before:this is the.....THE ferrari,the one as never before on the road done by theme.as usual with those cars,after a while we will all start consider it THE best exotic ever too ;)

jano11
08-26-2013, 01:42 PM
not so sure about this.also i dont like this name but its meaning in my language is clear as never before:this is the.....THE ferrari,the one as never before on the road done by theme.as usual with those cars,after a while we will all start consider it THE best exotic ever too ;)

Yep, until the next one comes around in 10 years and then what?
And Ferrari LaFerrari is just dumb, impressive lack of inspiration in the marketing department. I would have fired anyone who cam up with this name for a Ferrari.

Anyway the car looks good and I hope the kit will be great.

Kjenjak
09-04-2013, 05:13 AM
And the great thing with the model kit is that you donīt have to own five other Ferrari kits before being even considered to be allowed to order one Apparently that is the case with the real scale 1:1 version...

True.
Although I'm quite sure most of us have more than five other kits in the stack or on the shelf! :biggrin:

Chuck Kourouklis
09-05-2013, 02:05 PM
In case of McLaren, Aoshima realized the expectations were higher than originally anticipated, so they're doing more to produce a better kit. Their Aventador kit doesn't even have a transmission, but the McLaren has a lot more. Looks like I have to get more than one kit to detail Fujimi's F1 road car.

I've had a 20-year jones for a kit but not a lot of expertise, and I was wondering how much of the long-tail's dirty bits might cross-pollinate with Fujimi's street car - if you wouldn't mind mentioning some transplant possibilities, perhaps in the Fujimi F1 thread, I'd appreciate it!

Yeah, it's pretty clear that for static display, Tamiya's got their collective eye on military right now. Still 'n all, I don't think this Ferrari THE Ferrari is gonna be a slouch, following the Enzo as it does, and who knows - maybe the panel fit will be a bit friendlier this time.

Be kinda kool if the big T dealt the others a little smack back, a nice little "y'know, we ARE still awake here", as it were. :smokin:

lovegt40
09-05-2013, 02:33 PM
btw tamiya military vehicles kits are always always always the greatest ever.Few parts, incredibly welldone, usually 100% close to reality. they remains the best ever,even in afvīs..

Add your comment to this topic!