Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2001 Grand Caravan ABS light

sixseas
08-04-2013, 12:47 PM
I bought some long beams at the local lumber yard. So drove home with the rear cargo door open. The ABS light went on brakes were pulsing mildly and making an odd sound. I cant see why the rear cargo door would have any connection with the ABS system so I assume that's a coincidence.

I took the van to the local car store they scanned the code. It scanned code 4 indicating the passenger front sensor. I replaced the sensor but the ABS light is still on. Is there a reset function to clear the code disconnecting the battery didn't help? Or am I looking at another component failure?

sixseas
08-05-2013, 02:12 PM
After I replaced the defective ABS sensor about 5-10 cycles and around 10 miles the ABS light seems to have reset. However if I do this again Ill check the ABS sensor clean the holes and run it for a while to determine if its just dirty or needs replacing. In my case the holes on the ABS sensor were full of dirt but when I cleaned and the ABS light was still on I assumed it was the sensor.

JA no Y
08-05-2013, 04:29 PM
I had the same problem on my Chevrolet blazer. Once I put a new ABS sensor on, the light wouldn't go off. Unhooking battery did not work. I took it to the local auto parts store and had them read the code and they reset it for me using the scan tool.

Add your comment to this topic!