Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2002 Chevy Astro Engine Vibration

seventieschild
08-02-2013, 11:51 PM
Car idles great in park and accelates fine but when in drive at a stop light the passenger dash board shakes and vibrates. It gets worse when the a/c is turned on. Any suggestions? Thanks....

gmtech1
08-03-2013, 01:48 PM
Car idles great in park and accelates fine but when in drive at a stop light the passenger dash board shakes and vibrates. It gets worse when the a/c is turned on. Any suggestions? Thanks....

Only vibrates in gear? You need to look for anything "grounding out" to the body or frame. A/C lines, worn engine mounts, power steering hoses, trans dipstick tube, ect...

seventieschild
08-04-2013, 01:03 PM
Only vibrates in gear? You need to look for anything "grounding out" to the body or frame. A/C lines, worn engine mounts, power steering hoses, trans dipstick tube, ect...

Thanks for the info. Now, just this morning the battery seemed low and the engine barely started but also it died out and would not idle. I warmed it up and tried to drive it but it kept dying out on me.

94&92Astro
09-01-2013, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the info. Now, just this morning the battery seemed low and the engine barely started but also it died out and would not idle. I warmed it up and tried to drive it but it kept dying out on me.
Please see my post in your wiring issues - this could be related!

Add your comment to this topic!