Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2004 Malibu Classic, constant clicking sound.

mcrow
07-29-2013, 04:45 PM
The sound comes from under the dash. recently the blinkers stopped working all together so I tracked down the problem to the hazard light switch and replaced that and the blinkers are working now. However, the clicking sound remains and seems to happen more just after using the turn signal but the sound happens randomly as well.

I'm thinking it might be the turn signal assembly located on the steering column. So, I was thinking of replacing the unit (it has both signal lever and wiper/wash lever) and just wanted to know if you all think I'm on the right track or tossing money down the toilet.

Tech II
07-29-2013, 08:30 PM
The usual fix for the turn signals not working, is replace the hazard switch......one way to verify, if directionals don't work, it turn the directional lever off....then press the hazard light switch......lights will all flash....press again to turn off.....now try directionals again....if they work, you know it's the Hazard switch......

If you hear a clicking sound from the steering column, LIGHTLY, push the directional lever slightly up or down, and hold....if the noise stops, you need a multifunction switch......

Add your comment to this topic!