Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

engine crankshaft question k1500 93 tbi

oldsgmc
07-24-2013, 12:23 AM
I bought a 93 k1500 that was blown up. Replace engine to find out heads are bad and knocks.got another engine out of a 96 pickup vortec 350 with 50k on it. (Both engines were free and i payed 40 bucks for carb to tbi adapter plate so im not in it much yet)Before I put it in I found spun bearing on number one. Its not tearably loose or scoren but it is bad and im going to fix it. My question is if I buy the intake to adapt my tbi on top and a new 383 stroker crank and lower end bearing will this cause issuses because everything else is stock in that engine? Would like to keep the costs down but i will spend the money to avoid problems, also its gonna be a weekend cruiser/tow something if needed truck

The stroker crank is the same price and a new stock crank is the reason I ask

Thanks for input,
Jon

maxwedge
07-24-2013, 08:50 AM
You need pistons and connecting rods with the stroker, do your research on what it takes to make up a 383 from a 350.

Schurkey
07-24-2013, 08:46 PM
If you're buying the TBI-to-Vortec intake bolt pattern intake manifold, you'll also need a way to route exhaust gas into the EGR system from one of the exhaust manifolds.

GM sold a "kit" that included a specific exhaust manifold and (I think) some tubing. The exhaust manifold was a regular-production item, but I don't know the application. At any rate, that manifold had a port on it that could be used to send exhaust gas to the intake manifold.

A look through an older GMPP catalog would probably get you the part numbers needed.

Add your comment to this topic!