Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Need Help Finding/Choosing a Used BMW

Pappas
07-22-2013, 04:13 PM
Hey everyone. I was hoping to find some assistance in buying a used BMW, and due to my lack of knowledge/experience, I thought I'd ask all of you for your help. I'm looking to spend hopefully no more than $8000, and I'll be using the car mostly just to drive around my city, therefore I won't be putting in many miles. I'll do an occasional 60 mile trip but that would probably be around once or twice a week max. So basically I've been looking on [the Internet] to try to find deals but I'm not 100% sure what I should be looking for, therefore I'm coming to you. I live in the Los Angeles area so if you can find or know of any deals or places I should check out, please let me know.

Notes: I'd prefer a sedan in silver or possibly gray or black.

[search results deleted]

Thanks!

Pappas
07-23-2013, 04:45 PM
Would a 2002 BMW 530i Sedan be a good deal for $7200-$7800? It has 77,345 miles and seems to be in good shape. I'd post the link but I realize now that doing that isn't allowed. So if you'd like to see it for a little bit better of a look I can pm you it. That's just one that I'm considering, if you have any recommendations of things you can find online on craigslist or other used car listing sites just let me know. I'd prefer something relatively close to the Los Angeles area.

SniperNoSnipeee
09-25-2013, 08:40 PM
Would a 2002 BMW 530i Sedan be a good deal for $7200-$7800? It has 77,345 miles and seems to be in good shape. I'd post the link but I realize now that doing that isn't allowed. So if you'd like to see it for a little bit better of a look I can pm you it. That's just one that I'm considering, if you have any recommendations of things you can find online on craigslist or other used car listing sites just let me know. I'd prefer something relatively close to the Los Angeles area.

A 530i is a fairly nice car, will give you decent performance. If you want a car that can actually go kinda fast, look at a 540i with the sport package, from the same era as that 530i. What a car the 540i is, great handling and a 0-60 of under 6 seconds. mileage isn't exactly bad either.

A 95-99 BMW M3 is a great choice too. Looks absolutely fantastic, and drives like it looks.

Add your comment to this topic!