Page updated on 11-18-2017

NNL Model Contest in Louisville, KY 9/15/13

racer93
07-18-2013, 04:33 PM
This is the first year for this event, as it is being held in conjunction with a 1:1 Car Show and both benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. More information shortly! Stay tuned!

racer93
08-19-2013, 10:36 PM
Ok all, here's more info on this contest. It will be held at Mike Linnig's Restaurant (very famous in Louisville, just google it) and is FREE. Yes, FREE! There will be a Top 10 award for the top 10 vote getters and a Best In Show as well as a Best Junior award as well. This is being held in conjunction with a 1:1 car show benefiting the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF). Registration will be from 11-1, with awards at 4pm sharp. (The registration times are subject to a slight change.)

Come out for great fun in bench racing with other great builders, great cars, great music and great fried fish (what Mike Linnig's is famous for)! Louisville is close to many major metro areas like St Louis (4 hrs), Chicago (~5hrs), Indy (~2hrs), Nashville (~2hrs), etc. We already have commits from Ohio, NC, SC, TN and AR! This is going to be a fun show, so be sure to spread the word to anyone that may be interested and to any other board you may visit regularly!

Thanks and I hope to see you there (well, maybe not you guys in Europe and Asia...http://www.f1m.com/phpbb/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif)

Daniel

modlman17
08-20-2013, 07:32 PM
I'm very interested in this show Daniel. What about vendors?

Rob

racer93
08-20-2013, 08:04 PM
I'm very interested in this show Daniel. What about vendors?

Rob
Unfortunately, no vendors this time. This is because it's rather last minute and also that it's not run by our club. Possibly next year, we'll see. BUT there will be PLENTY to do, look at and eat! I'll guarantee that! :)

racer93
08-20-2013, 09:44 PM
That will be a killer!http://denver.ukmerritt.com/03.jpg
If you make it from 'Zona, I'll *personally* give you a kit for the longest distance traveled! :biggrin:

stump
08-21-2013, 12:09 AM
If you make it from 'Zona, I'll *personally* give you a kit for the longest distance traveled! :biggrin:
Hey, what do I get if I come from Australia? :eek7:

Hehe, just kiddin' Daniel. :smile:
Hey, good luck with the Show mate, I hope it's extremely successful for you and all participants. :thumbsup:

My local Club held our very first Show and display last month.
We were fortunate to have help from a large Sports Club who kindly allowed us space to set up.
Successfully raised over $900 (door takings and raffles) which was donated to a local Hospital Children's ward by means of a Wii (?) and an assortment of other goodies, model kits included.

racer93
09-06-2013, 07:59 AM
Registration is officially 11am-1pm with voting closing at 3pm and awards at 4pm sharp! There is also a 1:1 car show that will have close to have 200 cars to check out for reference as well! There will be *plenty* to do and eat, I guarantee!

Again, this is FREE to enter and is an NNL-style, non-judged event! The Top 10 voted builds and Top Two juniors will get a sweet trophy as well. A winner-take-all raffle will be available with all proceeds to benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.

Hope to see many of you on Sunday, September 15th!

Daniel

Veyron
09-06-2013, 07:59 AM
Weird venue and format. Good luck.

racer93
09-06-2013, 08:07 AM
Ok, thanks. Appreciate the feedback.

lovegt40
09-06-2013, 02:30 PM
please when possible post some pictures or link to the models shown in expo :)

racer93
09-06-2013, 02:33 PM
When I get some pics, I'll post them up here!

Add your comment to this topic!