Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Washes and Waxes - How to keep it NEW

ABCBuckU
06-08-2003, 11:30 PM
Hey all - so what should I use???

I already have a very, VERY small scratch on my hood - probably a pebble in the chamois, or wash mit or something. I tried to buff it out with turtle wax rubbing compound. The scratch looks a little better, but around the scratch (where I put the compound) you can see it's significantly "lighter" - hard to explain, but I'm sure someone has had this happen before - it's lighter, no change in color, but it's like you can see the shine has changed or something.

I have a 2003 BLACK RSX Type-S, so if anyone has ANY suggestions, please let me know.

Also, what do you all use as your normal rinse/wash/wax/compound/etc. for normal every week washing on a BLACK car???

Adam

99maxse
06-10-2003, 09:32 PM
go to your auto parts store and get the 3m imperial hand glaze. thats works great in dark(especially black cars) that will take out some of that haze. mothers carnuba wax is good when its time for waxing. always make sure your wash mit and chamios are dirt free. good luck

BullShifter
06-16-2003, 10:31 PM
If the scratch is beyond the clear or color coat it can't be polished out. Air brush time!!!!! Using that rubbing compound will damage the clear giving you that difference in color. The only way to fix it now it to have an expeirenced auto detailer buff it out or repaint.

Chamois to dry
Microfiber for polish/wax
Always use "car shampoo" not dish soap

Add your comment to this topic!