Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

reprogramming computer to accept new key

Chiefette31
07-13-2013, 12:46 PM
Is it possible? My daughter bought a used Saturn which are no longer made and something had happened so the person she had bought it from had put in a new steering column with key junkyard and installed it. However her computer won't recognize it . There is no longer Saturn dealerships. GM will do it but its $95 plus it will tale about 3 weeks ascend told her they do charge a storage fee. That's crazy. Is there a way around this?

gmtech1
07-14-2013, 09:27 AM
Is it possible? My daughter bought a used Saturn which are no longer made and something had happened so the person she had bought it from had put in a new steering column with key junkyard and installed it. However her computer won't recognize it . There is no longer Saturn dealerships. GM will do it but its $95 plus it will tale about 3 weeks ascend told her they do charge a storage fee. That's crazy. Is there a way around this?

What is the year and model? It may be something the dealer needs to do, I don't get the 3 week storage thing though...

Chiefette31
07-15-2013, 09:31 AM
Yeah me either. Guess it's a small dealership and they behind not sure. Thank you. For the reply. I have used this site alot and this has to be some kind of record. 352 views with one reply. Thank you though

gmtech1
07-15-2013, 11:53 AM
Yeah me either. Guess it's a small dealership and they behind not sure. Thank you. For the reply. I have used this site alot and this has to be some kind of record. 352 views with one reply. Thank you though

What is the year and model? I'll look up the procedure.

Add your comment to this topic!