Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2010 F150 Reset

bigtimatwford
07-10-2013, 10:58 PM
I need some help... the truck is in waranty still, but I want to know others opinion before I take it to the "certified" dealership.

Today i let the truck Idle a while, prob 20 minutes while i was dropping my kid off. When I got back in the truck and went to put it in reverse, the gear locked up, the a/c and radio went dark, blinkers and headlights died, my traction control light started blinking, and my air pressure system went crazy. How ever the truck would turn off and on with no issues

We disco the battery, hoping to reset everything, which it did, but did not come back as usual. After checking all the fuses, and reseating them, we gave up.

After about 10 starts, finally things started coming back up where i could at least drive home, and about 3 minutes into the drive everything was back up.. for 15 minutes and it all went dark again.. drove fine, just no insturments lit up, and no headlights..

Any ideas? Right now there is a beautiful f150 in my driveway, that I cant get out of park.

65comet
07-11-2013, 06:29 AM
Sounds like the alternator. There is a TSB on them, but I can't remember if it applies to that year. Not enough voltage at different times and the electronics don't like that.

Rasp
07-11-2013, 09:17 PM
I would say it sounds like a bad ground. I had an old buick that did that. The ground wire rusted off and no electronics would work at all. the only thing that worked was the engine, so I could drive but couldn't turn on lights, radio, etc.

Now that was an old buick 1980's. Anyway if it is under warranty I'd get them to look at it.

Add your comment to this topic!