cluch fan removal

Conker32
07-06-2013, 09:44 AM
Tryin to remove the clutch fan from the water pmp pulley but the amount of space is about 1-1/2 inches. I've tried a Large ajustable wrench witch is 1/2 in. wide and small screw drivers an other small tools to keep the pulley in place and back the nut off but i have been struggling with it all day. Is there an there other way to do it?

brcidd
07-06-2013, 10:01 AM
Autozone will loan you the fan nut tools--or you can put your wrench on it with handle up- grab a nice 3 foot long 2x4 and whaaaaap it- the impact will get it loose so you can turn it by hand the rest of the way.

Tech II
07-06-2013, 07:51 PM
Yes, put the adjustable on the nut, put an extension over the end of it for leverage, and give it a good whack in the right direction..........have someone grab the serp belt and pull as hard as possible on it, this will prevent the pulley from turning....

aleekat
07-06-2013, 09:13 PM
Another method I have used. Back one of the bolts out about 1/2". Put a closed end wrench on the bolt next to it. Get a cheater bar/pipe on the wrench and against the bolt you backed out. And some PBlaster helps.

Rick Norwood
07-12-2013, 05:39 PM
If you have one, a pnuematic chisel works great. If done properly it will only leave a narrow/shallow mark on the nut.

Blue Bowtie
07-14-2013, 09:58 AM
Remember that it uses a LEFT HAND thread.

Add your comment to this topic!