Page updated on 11-19-2017

Scale Auto Style still in business?

petesy
06-05-2013, 03:29 PM
Does anyone know if Scale Auto Style (the one in Quebec) is still in business?

I've ordered some wheel sets from his web site on 29/5 and I have yet to hear from him. No respond to my e-mail neither.

MidMazar
06-05-2013, 04:07 PM
Thats a good question. Sorry to hear. I would try e-mailing him again. Or trying to get a hold of the old owner chris. Who goes by the name flyonthewall here on AF. He might know another way to get ahold of him.

Veyron
06-05-2013, 04:18 PM
Does anyone know if Scale Auto Style (the one in Quebec) is still in business?

I've ordered some wheel sets from his web site on 29/5 and I have yet to hear from him. No respond to my e-mail neither.

I doubt you'll get any response or products...I don't think he ever really got past the dream of having the business.

MidMazar
06-05-2013, 04:30 PM
I doubt you'll get any response or products...I don't think he ever really got past the dream of having the business.

They did make a truck resin fender kit in 8 years!! :lol:

Good thing chris is back at it again!!

yelo
06-05-2013, 06:40 PM
I know I'm personally, he did have a modeling business and bought SAS but to be honest, take the action necessary to get your money back ASAP!! Unless I can see and get what I want from is hands to mine, I just don't trust I'm....

petesy
06-05-2013, 09:35 PM
That sounds bad. Guess I'll ask for a refund and if I still don't hear from him by next week I'll dispute it with Pay Pal. That usually brings out the people who are otherwise missing.

yelo
06-06-2013, 09:35 PM
I'd go straight to Paypal...

Vric
06-06-2013, 10:52 PM
Paypal are usualy worth less for me, I would call the credit card bank. They usually have policies that protect better than paypal.

petesy
06-07-2013, 10:22 AM
Still no response from him. I've filed a dispute with PayPal, first time I ever had to do that.

If there is still no response when my credit card bill comes, I will call card centre as well.

mstngcobrasvt98
06-09-2013, 11:43 AM
I Think He opened up a business on facebook called C1 models. You could try to get ahold of him there.

ZoomZoomMX-5
06-09-2013, 12:14 PM
I Think He opened up a business on facebook called C1 models. You could try to get ahold of him there.

Wrong.

Chris, aka flyonthewall, the owner of C1 sold Scale Auto Style years ago, he has nothing to do with whatever is left of it today, which sadly seems to be nothing.

Noddy
06-09-2013, 08:45 PM
Wrong.

Chris, aka flyonthewall, the owner of C1 sold Scale Auto Style years ago, he has nothing to do with whatever is left of it today, which sadly seems to be nothing.

Can't blame someone for getting confused when C1 still does business on Ebay as scaleautostyle. They probably didn't want to lose the feedback they had built up.

JeremyJon
06-09-2013, 09:28 PM
Can't blame someone for getting confused when C1 still does business on Ebay as scaleautostyle. They probably didn't want to lose the feedback they had built up.

If that is the case, I would definitely contact him directly, as the same Paypal account may be linked to that Ebay used ID then as well

petesy
06-09-2013, 10:28 PM
If that is the case, I would definitely contact him directly, as the same Paypal account may be linked to that Ebay used ID then as well
Doubt that would be the case, the PayPal account I ordered from is linked to the new domain name with the hyphens.

JeremyJon
06-09-2013, 10:55 PM
Doubt that would be the case, the PayPal account I ordered from is linked to the new domain name with the hyphens.

That's good then, can't hurt to ask him, might be able to point you in the right direction for a contact!

petesy
06-10-2013, 03:15 PM
Oh well, I actually got a refund. Glad to have this resolved.

mike@af
06-10-2013, 08:08 PM
Glad this all turned out well!

To summarize for future reference.

Scale Auto Style (SAS) was sold years ago from flyonthewall (Chris)
flyonthewall (Chris) is in no way associated with Scale Auto Style anymore
Scale Auto Style is now based in Quebec, Canada
The current Scale Auto Style has failed to communicate and fulfill orders
A refund was made for the incomplete order after a dispute was filed
flyonthewall (Chris) has a new model business, C1 Models
C1 Models uses the eBay username scaleautostyle but is not related to Scale Auto Style (eBay seller scale-auto-style)

If I have mistaken anything, please let me know and I will correct the list.

flyonthewall
06-11-2013, 07:57 AM
I must look into changing my eBay user name to avoid confusion, but I think most people have worked out who's who now:)

MidMazar
06-11-2013, 08:39 AM
I must look into changing my eBay user name to avoid confusion, but I think most people have worked out who's who now:)

You'll still get noobs time to time. Hey chris is the audi r8 convertible kit still avaliable?

flyonthewall
06-11-2013, 10:44 AM
You'll still get noobs time to time. Hey chris is the audi r8 convertible kit still avaliable?

Yes! It's not a limited run, so plenty available.

oldguy2
06-23-2013, 06:05 PM
ebay ID...c1models...has 3 items for sale right now...

Add your comment to this topic!